- Error Code 20 On Windows 10
Quickbooks Printer Not Activated Error Code Windows 10
If you’re encountering the QuickBooks printer not activated error code 20 on your Windows 10 computer, then you have reached the right page to fix it.The error code 20 is encountered by many QuickBooks users while updating their OS. The major cause of this error is the deleted “KEY_CURRENT_CONFIG\Software key on your computer.
Some other causes of this error are listed below.
- Incompatible OS
- Windows registry errors
- Incomplete or corrupt installation of QuickBooks
- Installation of unsupported printer drivers
- Outdated application key
- To fix the error code 20 on your Windows 10 computer, try the simple troubleshooting methods given below. Before starting the troubleshooting process, create a registry backup and a system restore point.
- Creating a registry backup
- Open the Registry Editor window and click on the Computer menu.
- Now, go to the File menu and select the Export option.
- Perform the exporting by following the on-screen instructions and click Save.
Troubleshooting methods to fix the error code 20 on Windows 10
Method 1: Reinstalling the QuickBooks application
- The reinstallation process will help clean the corrupted files present on your computer.
- On the Application screen of your Windows 10 computer, select the QuickBooks application.
- Click on the Uninstall button followed by Yes.
- Restart your Windows 10 computer if prompted.
- After your computer restarts, download the latest version of QuickBooks that is compatible with your OS.
- Run the software and complete the reinstallation process.
Method 2: Updating the registry key
- An outdated registry key may also lead to this error. To fix it, manually update the registry key of the application.
- On your Windows 10 computer, open the Registry Editor window using the Search box.
- Now, select and right-click on the application folder.
- Select the Permission option.
- Provide the necessary permissions and click OK.
- Now, check if the QuickBooks printer not activated error code 20 on Windows 10 is fixed. If not, perform the next method of troubleshooting.
Method 3: Configuring the print spooler service
- Open Run and type MSC to open the Services window.
- Right-click on Print Spooler and select the Properties option.
- Stop the Print Spooler service.
- Select Automatic from the Startup type menu.
- Click Start.
- Now, print a test page to check whether the error code 20 is fixed. If the printer fails to print the document, then try the next method given below.
Method 5: Stopping User Account Control from monitoring the app
- Open Control Panel.
- Click on the User Accounts option.
- Select the User Account Control settings.
- Now, in the opened window, enable the never to notify option and click the OK button.
- Now, check if the Quickbooks printer not activated error code 20 is resolved on your Windows 10 computer by printing a test page. If the error persists, contact us to get remote assistance in resolving it.
All views on this site are made by the best of our knowledge and do not represent any thoughts of other sites. Using this website, you can understand how to setup, use and troubleshoot your product. Also, the services provided by us are limited to customer requests and does not replicate any other businesses.