- QuickBooks Data Backup & Restore
QuickBooks Data Backup & Restore
- Go to Menu
File Open or Restore Company.
- Click the Restore a backup copy option button.
- Hit Next
Local backup to restore a company file from a local backup.
- Continue with the process until the Open Backup Copy dialog box.
- Move to the local backup copy within this window and select it.
- Click Open. A screen with the Where do you want to restore the file? option appears.
- Select the corrupted company file within the Save Company File As dialog box to overwrite with information from the backup selected.
- Type YES into the Delete Entire File window to begin overwriting.
- Enter the password into the Administrator user account. Hit OK.
- Respond to other such queries regarding the password and its safety.
- After restoring, re-enter any transactions into the file from the time the backup was created till date.