How to Setup Printer
A simple and quick step by step process on HP Printer Setup is explained in the forthcoming topics.
How to Setup Wireless Printer
A simple procedure on how to set up the HP Printer for a wireless connection is explained in the topics given below.
How to Setup Wireless Printer for Windows
- Power up the printer if it is turned off.
- Use the arrow buttons on the control panel of the printer, and select the Setup menu.
- Under the Setup option, select the Network menu.
- Choose Wireless Setup Wizard under the Network menu.
- Once you select it, the printer searches for Wireless routers.
- Touch the Network name (SSID) of your router in the list.
- Type the WEP or WPA Passphrase of the network, and tap Done.
- Click the OK button to confirm the settings.
- Again, tap OK to print a Wireless report.
- If you do not want a report, tap the Skip button.
How to Setup Wireless Printer on MAC
- You can enable the Wireless option in the control panel of the printer.
- Or, you can also set up a wireless connection in the printer driver.
- Search for System Preferences, and click the respective option in the result.
- Choose Print & Fax under the Control Panel section.
- Tap the plus (+) icon which is placed at the left side of the control panel.
- Click on the IP tab which is located on top.
- Select the Internet Protocol IPP from the list of available protocols.
- Enter the IP address of your printer.
- Click the Print Using option in the drop-down menu, and choose the printer driver.
- Tap the Add button to complete the wireless printer setup.
How to Setup Wireless Printer on iPhone
- Before initializing the printer setup, link your printer and computer to the same network router or access point.
- Open the web browser which is in your iPhone.
- Visit the printer’s manufacturer website.
- Select the Get the App button to launch the HP Smart application from the App Store.
- After installing the application, touch the HP Smart app to open it.
- Follow the instructions on the Welcome screen, and touch Start.
- Select Allow to get notifications.
- Power up the printer.
- Once you turn it on, the printer will configure the wireless setup automatically.
- If not, reset the printer, and complete the wireless printer setup.
How to Set Up My Printer to My Computer
- Attach a USB cable to the respective port of the printer and the computer.
- Power up the devices.
- Click on the Start menu.
- Open the Settings application.
- Select the Devices option.
- Under the Devices option, click Printers & Scanners.
- If your computer finds the printer, select the name of your printer.
- Go through the guidelines on the screen, and complete the installation.
- If the Windows computer cannot identify the name of your printer, click The Printer That I Want Isn’t Listed.
- Now, your computer will troubleshoot and set up your HP printer to the Windows computer.
How to Setup a Wired Printer
A quick and easy procedure to set up wired connection on the HP printer is explained step by step as follows.
- There are two ways in setting up the wired connection.
- One is using a USB cable, and the other is by using an Ethernet cable.
- Glance through the forthcoming steps to set up a wired connection.
- Power on the printer by pressing its power button.
- Unpack the USB cable that is enclosed with the printer.
- Attach the cable to the appropriate ports of the printer and the computer.
- Click the Start button, and go to Settings.
- Tap Devices, and select Printers & Scanners.
- Choose the name of your printer, and click on the Add Device button.
- Refer to the procedure on the screen, and get connected.
How to Set Up a Printer to a Chromebook
A simple and easy step by step process on Chromebook printer setup is explained in the upcoming topic.
- Before starting the printer setup, connect your printer and computer to the same network or access point.
- Open Google chrome in your computer or laptop.
- Sign into your Google account.
- If you do not have an account, create a new one, and sign in.
- After opening the Chrome browser, go to Menu by clicking on the three dots which are placed at the top right corner.
- Click the Settings option in the drop-down list.
- Enter Cloud Print in the search bar.
- Select the Manage Cloud Print Devices option.
- Now, click on the Add Printers button.
- Select the Manage Your Printers link, and complete the printer setup.
AirPrint Printer Setup iPad
The quick and easy step by step procedure for AirPrint setup on iPad is given in the forthcoming topic.
- Ensure that your printer supports AirPrint before starting its setup.
- Connect your printer and computer using the same network of a router or an access point.
- You can enable the wireless feature of your printer either by using a wireless network connection, or the Wi-fi Direct option.
- Follow the upcoming procedure to enable the wireless network connection.
- Disconnect the USB or Ethernet cable, if connected.
- On the operation panel, go to the Setup menu.
- Touch the Wireless Setup Wizard, and enable the Wireless option.
- Provide the network name and its password if the printer prompts you.
- Now, select the document you want to print on your iPad, and perform printing.
- You can also contact our technical support team for more information.
Google Wifi Printer Setup
The Google Wi-fi setup on an HP printer is explained in a step by step process given below.
- Connect a power cable to the respective port on Google Wi-fi, and an electrical outlet.
- Unpack the Ethernet cable, link one end of it to Google Wi-fi, and the other end to a modem which provides an active internet connection.
- Download and install the Google Wi-fi application on your iOS or Android device.
- Sign in to your Google account to get started.
- Tap Google Wi-fi –> Next.
- Go through the instructions on the screen.
- Create a new network.
- Now, connect your printer to the established network, and complete the printer setup.
- You can connect your HP printer by enabling its wireless option.
- If you find it difficult to set up the printer, call our technical team.
How to Setup Printer Windows 10
A quick and easy procedure on how to set up the HP printer to connect to a Windows 10 OS is explained in the forthcoming topic.
- Click the Start button on the display of the Windows 10 computer or laptop.
- Search for Printer in the search bar.
- Choose Printers & Scanners from the results.
- Attach a power cable to the printer.
- Power on the HP printer by force pressing its power button.
- Connect your printer to the network of a router or an access point to which you want to connect your Windows 10 computer.
- Connect it using a USB cable.
- Click the Add a Printer or Scanner option.
- Select Add Devices to complete the printer setup.
- If you find it difficult to set up the printer, call our technical team.
Ubuntu Printer Setup
The setup for a HP printer to connect with a computer or laptop of Ubuntu OS is described in the following topic.
- Power on your computer and press the Ctrl and F keys simultaneously.
- Type Printers, and select the respective printer application from the results.
- Click on the Add button. Go to Devices –> Network Printer –> Windows Printer via Samba.
- Under the smb:// section, type Printservice.utwente.nl/Follow-Me.
- Enable the radio button to Set Authentication Details Now.
- Enter the Username and Password, and click Forward.
- Under the Choose Driver heading, enable the Provide PPD File.
- Click the Folder icon in the option named None.
- Open the downloaded driver file which is in the .PPD format, and install it to complete the printer setup.
- You can download the file from the installation CD or this website.