- Printer Online Settings
How To Get Printer Online Settings Windows 10?
Your printer might suddenly go offline, and you may wonder why it is happening. There are several reasons for your printer going offline. Some of the causes behind this problem and the usual rectifying measures are listed below to configure printer online settings windows 10.
- In many cases, paper jams could be the reason. In this situation, clearing the paper jam will help you resolve the offline issue.
- In some cases, your printer might go offline due to a shortage of paper. In these cases, you can solve the problem by filling its paper tray.
- In some other scenarios, there may be some minor network connectivity problems, causing the printer to go offline. When you resolve these connectivity issues, you can bring your printer back online.
- In many cases, simply restarting your printer could help fix your problem.
But in some scenarios, the above fixes might fail and you will have to bring your printer online manually on the computer connected to it. Now, let’s focus on getting your printer from offline to online by following these simple methods on your Windows 10 computer:
Method 1-Getting the printer online using the settings:
This method will look like it is the easiest one. Please carry out the following instructions to execute the method on your Windows 10 computer:
- On the computer, go to Settings and then select the Devices option.
- On the screen that displays next, choose the Printers & scanners option from the left pane.
- Now, select your printer from the right pane and click on the Open queue button.
- On your next screen, click the Printer tab. Then, deselect the checkbox next to the Use Printer Offline option.
- Now, you just have to wait for your printer to come back online.
Another method to get your printer online is by troubleshooting the problem. To do this task, move on to Method 2.
Method 2-Getting the printer online by troubleshooting:
You can utilize this method if the option to make the printer online settings windows 10 is grayed out. This method will also be useful if your printer goes online briefly, but reverts to the offline position. Now, please make use of these steps:
- On your Windows 10 computer, go to Settings and then select the Devices option.
- Next, from the left pane, click the Troubleshoot option.
- Now, scroll down the right pane until you see the Troubleshoot section. Here, select the Printer option.
- You will see that the Printer section expands. In this section, click on the Run the troubleshooter button.
- Permit the Troubleshooter to run. It will automatically come up with suggestions to resolve the offline issue.
- Some common suggestions will be:
- Making your printer as the default one.
- Updating your driver.
- Other similar fixes.
The above methods should help get your printer online settings windows 10.