- Printer Driver
Why My Printer Driver Was Not Installed?
If your printer driver was not installed, then perform the initial checks given below before moving on to the troubleshooting instructions.
- Check if you have installed the printer driver on your computer.
- If not, install it and check if the error is cleared.
- If the error persists, check if you have installed the correct printer driver file.
- If not, uninstall and install the correct one.
Now, let’s try some advanced methods to resolve the printer driver not installed issue on a Windows computer.
Method 1: Turn On The Print Spooler Service
- Log in to your Windows as the administrator.
- Now, open the Run application on your computer.
- Type the services.msc command and tap the Enter button.
- Now, a window titled Services will open.
- Look for the Print Spooler service and right-click on it.
- Click the Start option.
- Check if the printer driver not installed issue is resolved.
- If not, try the solution given below.
Method 2: Run CheckDsk
If your computer’s hard disk has bad sectors, then there is a chance for this error to occur. To resolve the error related to the printer driver, run CheckDsk on your Windows computer.
- Click the Start menu and open the Run option.
- In the Run field, type the chkdsk /r command and tap the Enter button.
- Now, the command prompt window will open and the disk errors will be checked and repaired automatically.
- Once the repairing process has been completed, check if the printer driver not installed issue is resolved.
- If not, try the next method.
Method 3: Remove Spool Folder From Pc
Sometimes, the presence of the Spool folder might also cause this issue. To remove this folder from your Windows computer, follow the instructions given below.
- Open the This PC or My Computer window.
- In the search field, type the following file path: ‘C:\Windows\system32\spool\drivers’
- Now, click the Enter button.
- Look for the folder called w22x86 and select it.
- Tap the Enter button. Now, check if the printer driver was not installed issue has been resolved. If not, contact us.