Introduction to PC Setup
A computer is an electronic device that performs a list of instructions and follows them based on user commands. The peripherals of the system are mouse, keyboard and CPU. These devices can be connected either by wired or wireless mode. Use a cable to connect the peripherals. The main hardware components of the device are memory, CPU, input and output devices. When you purchase a system, it is inbuilt with a Windows or Mac operating systems. The various methods for connection and other procedures are provided on this page. Scroll down to get more information starting from connection to troubleshooting issues.
How to Setup Outlook
After purchasing the system, you need to unbox it. The connection of different peripherals devices is a very easy task. The peripheral devices available for a single system are a mouse, keyboard, printer, scanner and other devices. After the setup process, it is necessary to install the driver for the peripherals device present in it. Certain drivers are built-in to perform the basic functions of the system.
How to Change Home Page In Your Browser
There are various Internet browsers available. All are available in different versions. Glance through the steps given below on how to change the homepage for different browsers.
- Open the Microsoft Edge browser.
- Click the More option in the upper right corner.
- Choose the Settings option from the drop-down menu.
- Choose A specific page or pages under Open Microsoft Edge with.
- Choose the web address you wish to display in the homepage.
- Open the Internet Explorer browser on your system.
- Click the Tools option.
- Select Internet Options from the drop-down menu.
- Type the URL of the web page you intend to visit under the General tab.
- Click Apply-> OK to save the changes.
- Open the Mozilla Firefox browser installed on your system.
- Click the Menu option in the right-hand corner of the screen.
- Select Options from the drop-down menu that displays.
- Type the URL of the web page you wish to set under the General tab.
- Close the options.
- Open the Chrome browser and click Menu on it.
- Select the Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Select the button next to Open a specific page or set of pages under On start- up screen.
- Select the Set pages option. Type the URL of the site.
- Press Enter. The site is added to the list. Select it and press OK.
- Open the Safari Browser installed on your system.
- Click the Safari option in the upper left-hand corner of the screen.
- Click Preferences from the drop-down menu that displays.
- Type the URL of the site under the General tab of the Home Page.
- Close the browser window.
- Open the Opera window. Click the Menu option in it.
- Click the Settings option in the drop-down menu.
- Click Basic. Press the button next to Open a specific page.
- Select the Set Pages option. Type the URL of the site.
- Select the Site added to the list and click OK.
- Open the Netscape browser in the window.
- Select the Edit menu and click the Preferences option.
- Type the URL of the web page in the Home page field.
- Click OK.
Make Google My Home Page
- Select the More option on the Google browser.
- Enable the Show home button in the Appearance section.
- Select the second option and type www.google.com.
- After enabling the option, close the window and reopen it to check the homepage.
Computer Device Connections
A desktop cannot be used without connecting any peripheral devices. If you wish to connect a mouse or keyboard to the system, it is necessary to verify the port. When you are trying to scan or print from the printer, connect a printer or scanner to the system. The steps on how to connect the printer or scanner are mentioned; you can access it by clicking the Read more option.
Dual Monitor Setup
Connecting two monitors to the CPU is done; if you wish to perform multitasking with the system. Before connecting the system, check if dual monitoring is supported by the system. The graphics card installed in the main system should be compatible with the monitor. You can perform this feature in both the Windows and Mac operating systems. Click the link to know more details.
Remote Desktop Connection
A remote desktop connection lets you access or control a target system from the main system. There are various software that are used for remote desktop connection. A built-in software for both Windows and Mac systems. Connect both the systems to the internet for remote access. You may face various issues during the connection. Click on the link to get more additional information regarding dual monitoring.
Backup and Restore
Storing all documents or photos from your system to an external device is referred to as back up. The external device should have a free space to store the data. There are different types of back up. The online back up is storing the data in a cloud server. The offline back up is storing the data to an external device.
A system encounters issues periodically. Various types of system issues occur for a single system. The issues need to be rectified to prevent computer malfunction. The main system issues are connection, network related and hardware issues. The primary step to resolve the system issue is by restarting the device or doing a peripheral connection. Click the link to know more regarding the issue.