- WD My Cloud Not Connecting After Catalina Upgrade
Why Am Not Connecting To WD My Cloud After Catalina Upgrade?
If you cannot connect to your WD My Cloud storage after upgrading to Catalina, you need to check the basics first. So, check whether you have connected your WD My Cloud storage and Mac to the same router’s network and also make sure that the router is working fine. If you are using two routers, ensure that you have connected your computer and WD storage to the closest router and check whether the power cord and other cables are correctly plugged. If you are not connecting to WD My Cloud after Catalina upgrade, try out the troubleshooting techniques mentioned below.
Enable the SMB and AFP protocols
- On your Mac computer, click on the Apple icon and choose System Preferences.
- In the System Preferences window, click on the Sharing icon.
- In the Sharing window, select the checkbox next to the File Sharing option and click on the Options button.
- Now, check the boxes next to the Share files and folders using SMB and Share files and folders using AFP options, and click on the Done button.
- Now, check whether you can connect your Mac Catalina to your WD My Cloud storage.
Access using a browser
- On your Mac, go to the WD My Cloud dashboard from your default browser.
- Now, check whether you can access your WD My cloud storage.
- If you cannot access it, go to the next step.
At times, the firewall on your Mac might prevent it from accessing the WD My Cloud storage. In that case, disable the firewall temporarily and then try connecting your computer to the WD My Cloud storage. If you cannot fix the issue yet, try accessing WD My Cloud storage using a different device.
- Restart the router and computer and check whether you can access the WD My Cloud storage from your Mac Catalina. If nothing works, resetting your WD My Cloud can help you fix the issue.
- Try out all the troubleshooting methods and fix the issue in no time; if you still not not connecting to WD My Cloud after Catalina, you can reach out to us.