- How To Setup HP LaserJet Enterprise M480F Printer?
New HP LaserJet Enterprise M480F Printer Setup
The New HP Color LaserJet Enterprise M480F printer can scan, copy, and fax, apart from printing. It supports automatic duplex printing. The printer has two trays: Tray 1 is of 50 sheet capacity and Tray 2 is of 250 sheet capacity. To know how to perform HP LaserJet Enterprise M480F printer setup, refer below section.
Unboxing The Printer
Take the printer out of the box. Check if all the components, such as the power cable, user guide, etc., are available in the box. Remove all the packing materials and tapes from the printer.
Loading the paper:
NOTE: You have to load paper into Tray 2 of the printer.
- First, you have to open Tray 2.
- Next, you need to adjust the paper-length and the paper-width guides. To do this task, squeeze the adjustment latches and then slide the guides such that they match the size of paper that you are going to load.
- Fan a stack of paper. Keep it on a surface and ensure that you level the bottom edges.
- You can now start loading paper into Tray 2. Make sure that the guides touch the stack of paper lightly. Take care to see that the stack does not bend. Also, make sure that the top of the stack is below the tray-full indicator.
- You can now close Tray 2.
- With this, the initial part of the setup is done.
Connecting the network cable:
In case you are connecting the printer to a network, make use of a network cable to do it now. If not, you can move on to the next stage of the setup. Avoid connecting the USB cable now. You can use it later to connect the printer and the computer when you are prompted to do so during the software installation.
Now, you can connect the phone cable for fax (from the printer to the phone jack). So, this step is optional and you can skip it if you find it unnecessary. You have now finished another stage in the setup
Powering on the printer:
- Connect one end of the power cable to the back of the printer.
- Plug the opposite end of this cable into an electrical outlet.
- Press the Power button on the printer to turn it on. Wait patiently for the machine to initialize.
- On the control panel’s Initial Setup screen, choose the desired language, location, date, and time.
Enabling the USB port:
By default, the USB port will be disabled. You can enable it from the printer control panel. Follow these steps to do the same:
- On the printer control panel’s Home screen, you have to swipe right. Now, touch the Settings option.
- Next, follow this path: General -> Enable Device USB -> Enabled.
- Continue with the rest of the on-screen instructions to finish enabling the USB port.
- If you are using Windows, do not connect the USB cable until you see a prompt to do so during the software installation.
- In case you are using Mac, you can connect the cable now.
The hardware part of the setup is now over. Once you install the software, the HP LaserJet Enterprise M480F printer setup will be complete.