- Setup HP Color Laserjet Enterprise M455dn Printer
How To Do HP Color Laserjet Enterprise M455dn Printer Setup?
Are you looking to get a new printer? Then you can purchase the new HP Color LaserJet Enterprise M455DN printer. This printer ensures the most secure printing experience and it comes with some great features. The duplex printing feature is set as default. Now, let’s see the new HP Color Laserjet Enterprise M455dn printer setup in the following steps.
Step 1: Opening the product box
Remove the outer plastic cover of the product box. Open the top cover and check whether the printer, user guide, and power cord are available inside. Take the printer out and place it on a table.
Step 2: Unpack the printer
Remove the packing tapes surrounding the edges of the printer. Make sure to remove all the tapes present inside the printer.
After unpacking the printer, you can proceed with the new printer setup by loading some paper.
Step 3: Loading paper
- Pull out the paper tray.
- Adjust the tray’s width guides.
- Load a stack of A4 or U.S. paper in the tray.
- Align the width guides correctly.
- Place the tray back into the printer.
Step 4: Connecting the printer to a network
- If you wish to use your HP Color LaserJet Enterprise M455DN printer over a network connection, then connect the network cable now.
- Take an Ethernet cable and plug it into the Ethernet ports on the printer and your router.
- Make sure that the cable is connected securely.
- If you don’t want to use the printer over a network, you can skip this step and perform the remaining steps given below to complete the printer setup.
Step 5: Turning on the printer
- Connect your printer to an electrical outlet.
- Turn on the printer.
- Once your printer becomes stable, set the basic printer preferences such as language, date/time, etc.
- Carry out the on-screen instructions to set the printer settings.
- Make sure to save the settings.
Step 6: Installing the printer on your computer
For Wireless connection: Open the printer driver on your computer. Perform the on-screen instructions to complete the new printer setup.
For Wired connection: If you have already connected your printer over a network, then connect the computer to the same network connection and begin the printer driver installation on it. Complete the printer driver installation by following the on-screen instructions.
For USB connection: If your OS is Windows, then connect the USB cable only when prompted during the driver installation. If your OS is Mac, then connect the printer to your computer using the USB cable. After connecting the cable securely, begin the driver installation on your Mac computer. Before setting up your printer over a USB connection, make sure to enable the USB port on your printer.
Enabling the USB port
Go to your printer’s Settings menu. Choose the General option followed by Enable Device USB. Select the Enable option.
To get remote assistance in performing the HP Color Laserjet Enterprise M455dn printer setup, click the Call button to contact our technical experts.