- Hp – Laserjet Enterprise M406dn Laser Printer Setup
New HP Laserjet Enterprise M406dn Laser Printer Setup
The all-new HP LaserJet Enterprise M406dn laser printer is suitable for high-volume printing and comes with security features like password protection printing. This printer comes with a dynamic security feature that ensures that the printer firmware is updated periodically. It is quite easy-to-use when compared to other monochrome laser printers. The USB port of this printer is disabled by default. If you wish, you can enable it during the initial printer setup. Scroll down this page to get HP laserjet enterprise M406dn laser printer setup.
To set up your new HP LaserJet Enterprise M406dn laser printer, then scroll down this page for the setup steps.
Step 1: Unpacking the printer
Open the product box. Take the printer, user guide, and power cord out of the box. Remove all the packing tapes from the printer.
Step 2: Loading paper
- The HP LaserJet Enterprise M406dn printer has two paper trays. To load paper in the tray, follow the below instructions.
- Open the corresponding tray.
- Adjust the paper width guides.
- Load a stack of plain A4 or U.S. paper in the tray.
- Align the guides correctly.
- Close the tray.
Step 3: Connecting the printer to a network
- If you wish to connect your HP LaserJet Enterprise M406dn laser printer to a network, then follow the below instructions. If not, you can skip this step during the HP laserjet enterprise M406dn laser printer setup.
- Connect a network cable to your printer.
- Make sure to connect the cable securely.
Step 4: Turning on the printer
- Connect your printer to a grounded AC outlet to turn it on.
- As soon as your printer becomes steady, you can see the Control panel Initial Setup screen.
- Set the basic printer settings by following the on-screen instructions.
- If you have connected your printer to the network, then get the IP address of the printer by selecting the Information button followed by the Ethernet icon.
- Note down the IP address displayed on the screen and use it during the network settings configuration.
Step 5: Enabling the USB port
- From your HP printer’s home screen, go to the Settings menu.
- Choose the General option followed by Enable Device USB.
- Select the Enabled option.
- If you are using a Windows computer, then don’t connect the USB cable now. Connect the cable only when prompted during the driver installation.
- For Mac, you can connect the USB cable and perform the on-screen instructions to complete the HP LaserJet Enterprise M406dn laser printer setup.
Step 6: Check the printer status
Check whether the printer functions are configured correctly by printing the Configuration and Jetdirect pages.
- Choose the Report option from your printer’s home screen.
- Select Configuration/Status Pages -> Configuration Page.
- Choose the Print option.
- Now, your printer will start to print the Configuration page.
- Check whether the functions are configured correctly. If not, re-configure them during the HP laserjet enterprise M406dn laser printer setup.
Step 7: Update the printer firmware
- Download the latest version of the printer firmware.
- Run it on your computer.
- Update the printer firmware by following the on-screen instructions.
- Make sure to restart your printer after updating the firmware.
Step 8: Installing the printer driver
- Download the printer driver file from the printer’s official support page.
- Open the downloaded installer file.
- Choose the language of your desire, accept the end-user license agreement.
- Then choose the connection type of your desire when prompted during the driver installation.
- Complete the remaining steps of the installation by following the on-screen instructions.
- Finally, print a test page to check whether the New HP LaserJet Enterprise M406dn Laser printer set up is done correctly.
Click the Call button provided on this page to get remote assistance in performing the new HP LaserJet Enterprise M406dn laser printer setup.