- Mouse Pointer Not Working
Why My Mouse Pointer Not Working Windows 10?
If the mouse pointer not working Windows 10 screen, then the problem might be with the mouse driver or due to an upgrade to Windows 10. First, check if the mouse is connected to the PC correctly.
Troubleshoot The Mouse Pointer Not Working Issue
Solution 1: Check Your Hardware
- Disconnect the USB cables from the PC and wait for some time. Windows 10 device will unload the device driver. Then the USB cable can be connected back to the Windows 10 PC.
- Check if using a different USB port on your computer resolves the problem.
- Make sure that the USB hub connected between the PC and the mouse device has power. If the mouse pointer still does not work, then remove the USB hub and connect the mouse pointer directly to the PC’s USB port.
- Ensure that the cables connected to the devices are not damaged.
- Confirm that there is no dirt blocking in the mouse.
Solution 2: Check If The Issue Is With The Device
If the device seems to not work at all, connect the mouse pointer to some other PC and check if it works well with that PC. If then mouse pointer not working Windows 10, replace it. If it works, then try the remaining solutions.
Solution 3: Resolve Using Windows 7 Troubleshooter
- First, open Hardware and Devices troubleshooter. To open it, tap on Start, and choose Control Panel.
- Input Troubleshooter in the search box and then choose Troubleshooting.
- Tap on Configure a device under Hardware and Sound, and go with the instructions.
Solution 4: Use Hardware Troubleshooter Drivers
Make use of the Windows Update tool to update your device driver.
- Go to the search box on the Taskbar. Key in Check Updates. Choose Check for updates from the displayed list.
- Windows Update will prompt whether to update the driver, or the latest driver is already installed.
- If the driver is already updated and still the mouse pointer is not working properly, then contact our technical support team via the toll-free number. Our experts will resolve the issue with your mouse and make it work on your Windows 10 PC.
- If it prompts to update the mouse driver, then follow the instructions below.
- Open the search box in the Taskbar. Type device manager and choose Device Manager from the results.
- A list of hardware categories will be displayed on the device’s screen. Choose the device you need to update and then double-click on it.
- Tap on the Driver tab. Choose the Update Driver option. Then continue to perform all the on-screen instructions. After updating the mouse driver, check if the mouse pointer not working Windows 10 issue is resolved.