- Mouse Not Working
Issue Solved: Mouse Not Working Windows 10
A mouse is one of the essential hardware devices to control and navigate through a computer. In laptops, the touchpad is used to control the mouse pointer. However, you can connect an external mouse as well. At times, the mouse not working Windows 10 if your device has any problems related to hardware or software.
If your touchpad or mouse is not working on Windows 10, carry out the step-by-step instructions given on this page.
Re-install the touchpad driver:
Suppose something went wrong with your touchpad driver while you upgrade your laptop, you have to reinstall your touchpad driver as per the following instructions.
- To open the Device Manager window, press the Win and X keys at the same time.
- Find your touchpad driver, right-click it, and select the Uninstall option.
- Navigate to the Action menu.
- Click the Scan for Hardware Changes option to reinstall the touchpad driver.
- Make sure to restart your laptop. And check if the issue mouse not working Windows 10 is solved or not.
Install the latest drivers:
Download the most recent version of the driver from the manufacturer’s website. If there are no latest drivers for Windows 10, download the most recent version driver for Windows 8 and install it in compatibility mode.
To install the Windows 8 driver in compatibility mode, perform the following steps.
- Locate the downloaded driver and right-click it.
- Choose the Properties option.
- Click the Compatibility tab.
- Select the Run this program in compatibility mode option and choose Windows 8 to install the driver.
- If the mouse not working Windows 10, make use of the remaining steps.
Roll back to an older driver:
- Open Device Manager.
- Right-click your touchpad driver and select the Roll Back Driver option.
- Restart your Windows 10 laptop.
- If the problem is resolved once the driver is rolled back, you have to prevent Windows from automatically updating the touchpad driver.
- Still, if the mouse is not working on Windows 10, continue with the following steps.
- Launch the Settings screen on the Windows 10 laptop.
- Select the Devices option.
- Click the Mouse tab in the left panel.
- Navigate to the Related Settings section and click the Additional mouse link.
- Go to the ELAN tab, select your device, and click the Enable option and check if the issue mouse not working Windows 10 is solved..
Enabling the ETD service:
- To open the Task Manager screen, press the Ctrl, Alt, and Del keys together.
- Search for the ETD service and enable it.
- Restart the Windows 10 laptop and check if the problem is resolved.
Run the Hardware troubleshooter:
- Navigate to Settings on your Windows 10 computer and select the Update & Security option.
- Click Troubleshoot in the left panel.
- Go to the Hardware and Devices section and click the Run the troubleshooter button.
- Once the troubleshooting is done, restart the Windows 10 laptop.
- Still, if the mouse is not working on Windows 10, perform the following steps.
Change the Power Management options:
- Launch Device Manager on the Windows 10 laptop.
- Right-click your touchpad and select Properties.
- Navigate to the Power Management tab.
- Deselect the checkbox next to the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power option.
- Lastly, restart the Windows 10 laptop.
Run the SFC scan:
- Open the Administrator Command Prompt window.
- Enter the sfc /scannow command.
- Once the command is executed, restart the laptop. Check if the problem is resolved.
- You can get help from our technical experts in resolving the issue if your mouse not working Windows 10.