- Microsoft Error Reporting on Mac
Microsoft Error Reporting on Mac
- When you work on any Microsoft application on your Mac, you may experience the Mac error “Microsoft Error Reporting.”
- This message means the Microsoft application has stopped working.
- The error box also shows a checkbox with Restart Microsoft (Application) again and click OK.
- Follow the steps below to resolve the Microsoft error.
- Force quit all the applications currently running on your Mac.
- Click the Apple menu and select the running applications in the Force Quit Applications window.
- Repeat the process until all applications are force-closed.
- (Select Microsoft office, for example)
- Click Menu and navigate to library under the Home option.
- Look for Preferences and select the file under the name com.microsoft.Word.plist.
- Please select the file with the name given above and move it to desktop.
- Click the file you placed on the desktop and check if the problem persists.
- If the error shows, place the folder back to its original destination in the preferences folder.
- Open the preferences folder and locate the file com.microsoft.Word.prefs.plist. Move it to Desktop.
- Open Word to see if the problem continues.
- If yes, move the file back to the preferences folder.
- Click the Apple icon and select the library.
- Open the Application support folder > Office folder > User templates folder.
- Locate the file Normal and move to desktop and perform the action.
- You can delete the file if it solves the Microsoft error.
- To open your Mac in Safe Mode, restart your Mac.
- Press the shift key and hold until you see the login window.
- The Apple logo will appear on the screen.
- Now, open the word document and see if the error still shows.
- If not, you can restart your Mac in normal mode.
- On your Mac, locate Applications.
- Find Microsoft office and move it to Trash.
- Empty the trash if you do not want any files to recover.
- Perform the reinstallation for Office and check if the Word document opens.
- Open the Preferences window and repeat the previous steps to move the file name com.microsoft.Word.plist to the desktop. Check if the problem persists.
- Repeat the same step for the file name com.microsoft.Word.prefs.plist.
- Locate the file name Normal in the Microsoft User Data Folder.
To resolve Microsoft Error Reporting error, contact our technical team by clicking the call button displayed on this screen.