From this website, you will get to know how to set up your laptop in simple ways. We have given instructions on how to set up additional monitors to a laptop, how to connect your laptop to a wireless network, how to run games on it, how to set up emails etc.
Dual Monitor Setup With Laptop
Adding a second screen to your laptop allows you to do more of everything. You can surf the web or send emails while watching videos or photos on the second screen.
How to setup dual monitors with laptop
- Before starting, make sure you have the correct cable for giving connection to the second screen.
- You will find DVI, HDMI, VGA or any other mini ports on your laptop.
- If the monitor you are using has an HDMI port, then use an HDMI cable to connect to the ends of the laptop and the monitor.
- Now, on your Windows laptop, you need to adjust the settings in the Control Panel.
- Open the Power User Menu on a Windows 10 laptop by pressing the Windows key and the X key together and press on the System icon.
- Under the Display section, press Detect for the system to find and register the second monitor.
- In the Display options, you will find the Multiple displays section. Press the drop-down menu and choose Extend these displays.
- This Extend option allows you to move the mouse from the first screen to the second screen, just like a single large screen split into two divisions.
- Click on Apply to complete this step and your second monitor will now act as an extension as long as the cable is plugged in.
- If you want both the monitors to show the same content(which is useful in rare cases) select the option “Duplicate these displays.
How to setup 3 monitors on a laptop
- Setting up 3 monitors on a single laptop can be easy if you have the required number of monitors, cables and ports ready.
- However, you can’t just proceed with the connection just like that if you aren’t sure with your system specs.
- Multitasking on a single screen sure does seem confining, hence add two, three or more displays after checking your system configurations.
- To check if your laptop is physically capable of handling all the monitors’ graphics, check how many ports your laptop has.
- But, if you do not have a discrete graphics card, you can use only two video ports. Hence, you can connect only two monitors at a time.
- If your laptop has three ports, you have to enter the PC’s BIOS and set certain Video Configuration settings to avoid performance drop in the output.
- Once you are sure with the graphics card details, you can proceed with the monitors setup part.
- If you have VGA port on your laptop and the secondary monitors, then let it be that way since it is a hassle if you choose HDMI, VGA or DVI ports altogether.
- After connecting all the cables, enter the Screen Resolution or Display Settings window on your Windows computer.
- Click Identify and click Apply to display your content on all the screens. Or, click on the Duplicate option if you want to display the same content in all the screens.
Chromecast Setup Laptop
Google’s Chromecast is an amazing device that purely works on “Plug-n-Play” concept. Just connect your device to your laptop and start watching your favorite shows.
How to setup chromecast on laptop
- Plug in the Chromecast device into your TV.
- Then, connect the USB power cable to the Chromecast.
- Insert the other end of the USB cable into an open USB port on the laptop.
- Connect the Chromecast to a Wi-Fi network.
- Connect the laptop also to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Double check both the devices are connected to the same network.
- On your laptop, download the Google Home application from Play Store.
- Open the Google Home app and click on Get Started and then select Set up.
- Log in to your Google account. Set the preferences and the application will scan for nearby Chromecast devices.
- When found, tap on Next. And then follow the steps accordingly to finish the setup process.
How to setup wifi on laptop
A Wi-Fi connection on a laptop is very useful since it is a portable device and you can connect to a network on the go and do your work.
- Before starting the setup, make sure you have an active Internet connection, a modem, wireless router and installed wireless network adapter.
- To confirm if your computer has a wireless network adapter, press the Start button and enter “device”.
- Select Device Manager and expand Network Adapters. Select a network adapter with wireless in its name.
- Now, set up the modem and Internet connection.
- Position the wireless router in an appropriate location.
- Get the wireless network password from your Internet service provider.
- Now on your Windows laptop, press on Start and enter Network and Sharing Center.
- Select the Set up a new connection or network option. Then, select Set up a new network and then click on Next.
- Click on Network or the Network icon in the notification network and select your network from the list.
- Enter the security key and press on Connect.
How to setup bluetooth on laptop
- Switch ON the Bluetooth device.
- Enable its Discoverable feature.
- Activating this feature depends on the type of Bluetooth device you are using.
- Each Bluetooth device (like speaker, TV) has a way of turning ON the Discoverable feature.
- On your Windows 10 computer, turn ON the Bluetooth feature by going to the taskbar.
- Click on Action Center and select Bluetooth.
- If you do not see the Bluetooth icon on the taskbar, select the Start button and go to Settings.
- Click on Devices and select Bluetooth & other devices and turn ON Bluetooth.
- From the action center in the taskbar, press on Connect and choose your device name.
- The next time when you turn ON your Bluetooth device, it will get connected to the network automatically.
How to setup your camera on your laptop
- Make sure your laptop has an in-built webcam.
- If it does not have one, you can get a any third-party web cam from an electronics store.
- Install the web cam software on your laptop by using the CD or any driver.
- If you have a built-in camera, then go to the Start menu present in the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- Enter ‘camera’ in the search field. Click on the Camera app.
- Wait till your laptop’s camera turns on. A light may turn on near the camera depending on the laptop model.
- You will probably see your face displayed on the screen.
- Face your laptop on whatever you want to capture.
- Click the capture button present on the side or top of the screen.
- By clicking, a picture will be snapped, and it will be saved in your computer’s local drive.
How to setup a skype account on a laptop
It is easy to set up a Skype account on your laptop. Follow the steps below to set up Skype account.
- Enter the manufacturer’s web address in your browser.
- Select your device on the page.
- The download process will start as soon as you select your device.
- The installation will also start automatically after the download.
- If you have a Windows 10 computer then you have no need to download Skype since, it is already installed on this version of OS.
- Launch the application from the Desktop.
- Click on Create new account.
- Else, go to the Create account page directly.
- Enter your Username and Password to create an account. Enter your phone number or even your email address.
- Follow the instructions displayed on the screen.
How to connect setup box to laptop
For some users, connecting a set top box to a laptop may sound outrageous. But we have mentioned the steps through which you can connect the set top box to laptop.
- You can use a TV tuner card to watch a video program on a laptop as well as an external TV monitor.
- If you are using an HP laptop, the you will need an HP ExpressCard analog TV tuner card.
- It will display a video image on your computer.
- Check whether the above is working before connecting the PC to an external TV.
- Make sure the video source from the cable or satellite is connected to the TV tuner card. You can use an RF coaxial cable adapter.
- Check the types of connectors available on the ports of the PC and the external TV.
- Determine the connection mode of your choice.
- You can use an S-Video cable or even a Composite Audio/Video.
- Attach the composite audio/video cable or the cable connector from the computer’s port to the video input port on the TV.
- You can utilize the TV’s remote control for the PC TV tuner card to change the channels on both the PC and TV.
How to Make a Laptop Gaming Setup
If you want to use a laptop for gaming purpose, you need to pick a laptop that gives the best performance.
- While choosing a laptop for gaming, make sure it has high graphics card built-in.
- It should also boast a huge hard drive memory.
- Laptops that come with an Intel Core i7 processor or more along with an 8 GB of RAM are deemed fit for gaming.
- It also should include a dedicated graphics card that can perform big game data.
- The MSI GS65 Stealth is one of the top gaming laptop models.
- It runs on Intel Core i7 processor along with a 16 GB powerful RAM.
- It contains Nvidia GTX 10-series graphics card that packs a ton of power.
- Most of the Alienware laptop models are built especially for gaming and so they are priced expensively.
- To run a game, you can install the game from the original game CD which can be bought from the stores.
- You can also download large games from the Internet.
How do i setup my email on my laptop
We have provided the steps that can be followed to set up Microsoft Outlook on my laptop.
- If you have a Windows operating system computer, start the Microsoft Outlook.
- From the File menu, click on Info and then click on Account Settings.
- Choose Account Settings from the drop-down list that appears.
- From the Email tab, press New and click on Email Account.
- Tickmark the Manual setup or additional server types check box and then click on Next.
- Press Internet E-mail and click on Next.
- In the Add New E-mail Account box, choose either Microsoft Exchange, POP or IMAP or others.
- Now, click on Next.
- You can configure your new email account now.
- It will be either configured automatically or manually.
How to setup a printer to your laptop
Follow the instructions mentioned below to connect your printer to a laptop.
- All you need to know is the network ID and the network password. You need to know the network ID and the network password to establish a connection.
- On the printer’s control panel, move downwards and open the Dashboard, and then touch the Wireless icon.
- Select the Setup icon.
- Tap on Wireless Settings.
- Select the Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Select the name of your network from the list and select OK.
- You can enter your network name manually if the list does not display your network.
- Proceed with the on-screen instructions and enter your network name.
- If a prompt appears, type the WEP or WPA key.
- Finally, tap on Done to finish the process.