- iPhone Connect To Mac Computer
Iphone Mac Connection Problems
By connecting your iPhone to a Mac computer, you can sync all your data between your devices. But however, if your iPhone Mac connection problems, then perform the troubleshooting methods explained in this section
- If you are using a Lightning cable to connect your iPhone to your Mac computer, then check for any damage.
- Replace it with a new Lightning cable and try connecting.
- If you are able to establish the connection using the new Lightning cable, then the old one was faulty.
- If the issue persists, even a faulty lighting port on your iPhone or faulty USB port on your Mac could be a reason for the connection problem.
- So, check the connection with another Mac computer to find out the cause of the issue and solve it.
Restart the devices
When there is a connection issue between your iPhone and Mac computer, restart both the devices and try to connect them again.
Update iTunes on Mac:
If you use the iTunes app to connect your iPhone and Mac computer, then try this method to solve the connectivity issue.
- Open the iTunes app on your Mac computer.
- Click the iTunes menu at the top.
- Select the Check for Updates option from the drop-down list.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to update the iTunes app.
- Now, restart your computer and then try to connect your iPhone and Mac.
- By using these steps we can resolve the iphone mac connection problems.
Reset the location and privacy settings:
If you have not connected your iPhone and Mac after updating the Mac computer, then you might face issues while connecting them. To solve this issue, reset the location and privacy settings on your iPhone, as given below.
- Tap to open the Settings on your iPhone.
- Locate the Reset option and tap on it.
- Choose the Reset Location & Privacy option.
- When prompted, enter your iPhone passcode.
- Now, tap Reset Settings.
- After completing these steps, connect your iPhone to Mac again using the lightning cable.
Kill the process from Activity Monitor:
If the connectivity issue is not solved even after performing the above-mentioned methods, then stop the ‘usbd daemon’ on your Mac computer using the steps given here.
- Connect your iPhone to your Mac computer.
- Click the Go menu and select Utilitites.
- Select the Activity Monitor and open it.
- Now, type usbd in the search box to show the usbd daemon.
- When the process is listed in the Activity Monitor, select it and click the close icon to force stop the process.
Reset NVRAM or PRAM:
Another method to troubleshoot between the iPhone Mac connection problems is to reset the NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac computer.
- If you have connected your iPhone to the Mac computer, then disconnect it.
- Turn off your Mac computer.
- While turning it on again, press and hold the Option, Command, P, and R keys together until you hear a beep sound.
- This will reset NVRAM on your Mac and restart it.