- Install Printer Mac
How To Install Printer On Mac?
Installing a printer on your Mac is not difficult if you follow the quick steps mentioned below. Before install printer on Mac, you should complete the basic printer settings.
- First, connect the printer to your Mac computer using a standard USB cable.
- Alternatively, you can connect them wirelessly using the Wi-Fi network credentials.
- On your Mac, click the Apple menu and select System Preferences.
- Click the Printers & Scanners icon and select the Add button at the bottom-left corner of the left-side panel.
- Next, select your printer from the displayed list.
- Click the Add button and install the printer software when a message prompts on the screen.
- If your printer is not displayed in the dialog box, add it using the printer’s IP address.
Steps To Add A Network Printer By Its IP Address
- On your Mac, click the Apple menu available at the top-left corner of the screen.
- Select the System Preferences option from the drop-down menu.
- Click on Software Update to install the updates available for your Mac.
- If your printer is AirPrint-enabled, there is no need for any software updates.
- Connect the printer to your Mac, click the Apple menu and select System Preferences.
- Click on Printers & Scanners and navigate to the left-side panel to click the Add icon.
- Next, click the IP tab and enter the required printer information in the appropriate fields.
- You have to enter the printer’s IP address in the Address field. You can identify it from the printer’s control panel or by printing a network sheet.
- Make sure to select your printer software in the Use field.
Installing The Printer Software
- After adding your printer to the Mac computer, install the printer software using the software installation disc that came with your printer.
- If your Mac does not have a CD drive, download the printer driver from the official site.
- Now, run the downloaded installer file and follow the on-screen prompts to finish the installation. If you need remote assistance to install printer on Mac, click the call button.