- HP Officejet 5255
How To Install HP 5255 Printer?
HP Officejet is an All-in-One Inkjet printer that has the following features.
- Performs printing, scanning, copying, and faxing
- Print resolution – 4800 * 1200 dpi
- Document size – 8.5 * 14’’ (maximum)
- Borderless printing up to a maximum of 8.5 * 11’’
To set up the HP Officejet 5255 printer for the first time, carry out the step-by-step guidelines mentioned below to install HP 5255 printer.
Step 1 – Unpacking
- Lift the HP Officejet 5255 printer from the box.
- Remove all tapes and packing materials from the outside as well as inside of the printer.
- Make sure to remove the protective film from the printer’s control panel.
Step 2 – Power connection and initial settings:
- Plug one end of the power cord into a wall outlet.
- Connect the other end of the cord to the rear port of the HP Officejet 5255 printer.
- After turning on the printer, navigate to the control panel and choose your preferred language and country/region from the displayed list.
- Select the Yes option for confirmation.
Step 3 – Installing the ink cartridges:
- Lift the HP Officejet 5255 printer’s top cover.
- Now, the carriage moves to the left and stays idle.
- Take any one of the ink cartridges from the package.
- Note: Touch only the black part of the ink cartridge for holding.
- Make sure to remove the plastic tape present in the ink cartridge.
- Insert the ink cartridge in the slot correctly. Do the same to insert the other ink cartridges.
- Once done with installing the ink cartridges, select the OK option on the control panel and close the HP Officejet 5255 printer’s top cover.
- Follow these steps we can execute that how to install HP 5255 printer.
Step 4 – Paper loading:
- Open the HP Officejet 5255 printer’s input tray cover and extend the input tray towards you.
- Place a plain paper in portrait orientation with its print side facing down in the tray and then align the paper guides to fit the paper correctly.
- Note: The tray only holds a maximum of 250 sheets.
- Insert the input tray into the HP Officejet 5255 printer and select the Done option.
- Pull the output tray out and then lift its extender.
Step 5 – Ink cartridges alignment:
- To get a better print quality, it is mandatory to align the ink cartridges.
- After finishing the ink cartridges installation, go to the HP Officejet 5255 printer and select the OK option.
- This will print an alignment page. Take this printed alignment page, place it on the scanner glass, and select the Scan option.
- Once done, select the OK option on the control panel.
- By using these steps we can execute that how to install HP 5255 printer.
Step 6 – Printer software installation:
Download the HP Officejet 5255 printer software from the manufacturer website and install it on your computer by following the on-screen instructions.