- Printer Driver
How To Install Printer Driver?
Usually, installing a printer driver on your computer is a simple and easy task. In the section below, we will show you how to install printer driver on your Mac and Windows computers. First of all, make sure that you have completed the basic setup of your printer.
On Mac: Using System Preferences
- Connect the printer to your Mac computer using a USB cable connection.
- Open System Preferences.
- Click Printers & Scanners.
- In the Printers & Scanners list, select your printer and check its status.
- If the status says Idle, then you can continue the setup process.
- If your printer is not listed, then you need to add it manually by clicking the plus (+) button.
- On the Add window, click the General tab.
- Now, you could see your printer listed. Select your printer and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
- Once the printer has been selected, your Mac device will auto-detect the printer driver file and begin the software installation.
- Once the driver file has been detected, the driver’s name will be displayed on the screen.
- If your Mac fails to detect the printer’s driver, then click the Select Software drop-down menu and select the Use option.
- Choose the driver file from the list of available printer drivers and click OK.
- Click the OK button to finish the driver installation.
- Once the printer driver has been installed, try a test print.
- Open the printer driver file using the installation disc or the downloaded driver file.
- Make sure to select the connection type correctly when prompted during the software installation process.
- Perform the prompts displayed on the screen to complete the installation.
- Once install printer driver, try a test print.