- HP Printer Driver
How To Install HP Printer Driver?
This page will help you install HP printer driver on a Windows or Mac computer.
- Before you start the installation, make sure that you have set up your printer correctly.
- Check if you have your HP printer driver file downloaded. If not, download it.
- You can also use the setup CD provided with your printer to perform the driver installation.
Installing The HP Printer Driver Using The Setup CD
- First, connect your printer to the network using an Ethernet cable.
- Wait for a few seconds.
- Once your printer gathers the network address, perform the following instructions.
For Printer With 2-line Control Panels
- Press the OK button and go to the Network Setup menu.
- Select the Show IP Address option. Now, your network’s IP address will be displayed on your printer’s LCD screen.
- Note it down for future use.
Printer With Touchscreen Control Panels
- Tap on the Connection Information icon on your printer’s control panel.
- If your network’s IP address is not displayed on the screen, wait for some time and try again.
- Now, get the setup CD of your printer and insert it into the Windows computer’s CD drive.
- Wait for some time.
- Once the installer file detects your language, the installation program’s main menu will open.
- Select the printer software that you wish to install HP printer driver.
- Accept the installation agreements and settings when prompted.
- Once the preparation process is complete, connect your printer.
- Keep following the on-screen instructions.
- Once the installation is complete, click the Finish button.
Installing HP Printer Driver On A Mac
- First, make sure that you have downloaded your printer driver file.
- Check if your printer is set up and powered ON.
- Make sure that your printer is connected to the Mac computer using a USB cable.
- Now, double-click on the downloaded HP Easy Start file.
- If you receive a warning dialog box, then click the Open button on it.
- On the Welcome screen, click the checkbox beside the option that says I have read and agree to the End User License Agreement and Privacy Statement.
- Click the Continue button followed by Continue.
- Now, the printers that are detected by the installer file will be displayed on the screen.
- From the detected list, select your printer and click Continue to install HP printer driver.
Note: If the installer file fails to detect your printer, then check if the printer is turned ON. If the USB cable is not connected properly, then remove and reconnect it securely. Make sure the printer driver is compatible.
- If your HP printer supports the Wi-Fi connection, you may receive a prompt to connect the printer to a wireless network.
- To continue the USB cable connection, click the radio button beside the Connect with USB connection option.
- Click Continue. Do as per the prompts displayed on the screen.
- In the Install window, select the Essential Software or HP Easy Start option as you desire and click Install.
- When prompted, enter your Mac computer’s password in the given field. Click the OK button.
- Once the printer driver is downloaded and installed, click Continue and perform the prompts displayed on the screen to complete the remaining steps.
- After install HP printer driver, try a test print.