- HP Z Workstation Series Installing Optical Disk
HP Z Workstation Series Installing Optical Disk Drives
The HP Z Workstation PCs are more secure and built for creative professionals. Installing optical disk drives on your HP Z Workstation PC is simple if you follow the quick steps given on this page to do HP Z workstation series installing optical disk drives.
Steps to install an optical disk drive in an HP Z400 workstation (Mini-Tower Configuration):
- First, prepare your workstation for component installation for HP Z workstation series installing optical disk drives.
- If necessary, take out the blank filler and EMI filler from your optical drive bay.
- Fix the black metric M3 guide screws into the drive and align the screws with the drive bay grooves.
- Lift the green drive lock release lever while sliding the drive into the casing.
- Once you have inserted the drive partially, release the lever and slide the drive entirely into the bay.
- Make sure to install the disk drive properly into the bay. Push it until it snaps into place.
- Next, connect the power cord and data cables to your optical disk drive and system board.
- Once you have connected the disk drive cables to the SATA connectors, replace all the previously removed components.
- The steps will be similar to desktop configuration.
Steps to install an optical disk drive in an HP Z600/Z800 workstation:
- Before starting, prepare your workstation for component installation.
- If necessary, remove the optical drive bay from your workstation by lifting the optical bay filler tray handle.
- Next, slide the drive into the bay by lifting the release latch.
- Release the latch when the front of your optical drive reaches its position.
- Slide the drive inward until the latch is closed and engage the drive.
- Connect the power and data cables to your optical disk drive and plug the optical disk drive’s data cable into the correct SATA port on the system board.
- Finally, replace all your components that were disconnected before the HP Z workstation series installing optical disk drives.