HP Printer Won’t Print From Computer
HP printer will not print from computer is solved in the forthcoming topics. This is because of a poor connection between the printer and computer. So, checking the connection between the devices is the initial process to fix the issue.
Quick solution for HP printer will not print from computer
- Do basic troubleshooting like checking the connection between the printer and computer.
- Delete the printer driver software.
- Reinstall the latest version of the driver that suits the OS and version of your computer.
- Download the driver software from the manufacturer site.
- Configure the printer to its default settings.
- Delete all the existing print jobs in the queue and fix the issue.
- Ensure if the printer has suitable paper and ink level in the cartridges.
- Service the printer by checking its warranty.
Brief solution to fix HP printer will not print
- Check if the power cable is properly linked to the HP printer and an electrical outlet.
- If you connect the printer and computer using a wired connection, check if the cable is firmly connected to the appropriate port of the printer and computer.
- For wireless connection, ensure if the devices are connected to the same network of your router or an access point.
- Uninstall the printer driver software. Follow the forthcoming steps to uninstall the software. Turn off the printer and unplug the USB cable, if connected.
- Tap on the Start button and click All Programs on your computer.
- Go to the HP folder and pick the name of your HP printer. Select the Uninstall option and tap HP Basic Device Software. Tap Next and complete the uninstalling the driver.
- Restart your computer if needed. Install the recent version of printer driver software that suits the operating system and version of your computer. You can download from the manufacturer site. After downloading, try a print and check if the issue is solved.
- If the problem continues, set your printer to its default configurations. Press the Windows logo key + R keys at the same time on the keyboard of your computer. Once you press, a Run dialog opens.
- Type Control in the dialog and click Enter. Select the Devices and Printers option. Right-click on the name of your printer and select Set As Default Printer. Perform a print job and check if the issue is solved. If not, delete all the print jobs.
- Go to the Devices and Printers option as explained in the previous steps. Click on the name of your HP printer and select See What’s Printing. Tap the Printer tab and click Cancel All Documents. Click Yes in the confirmation window and fix the issue.