- HP Printer Touch Screen Responding Issues
How To Fix HP Printer Touch Screen Not Responding Issue?
HP is one of the leading tech giants in the world. HP printers are famous for their outstanding features and printing quality. However, like other printers, HP printers are also prone to issues due to negligence of the user or other reasons. We have seen many users panic when they find that the printer’s touchscreen is not responding like before. If you are the one whose printer touchscreen has stopped working, then this article is for you. Stick to this fantastic article till the end to get some valuable insights. However, if you need any support from our side to fix the HP printer touch screen not responding problem, call our technicians.
Some of the reasons for printer touchscreen not responding properly:
A touchscreen acts gracefully when your printer is working smoothly without any issues. The problem arises when your touchscreen panel malfunctions. Some of the reasons behind this problem are given here.
- Dust or soil particles that remain on the touchscreen.
- Host serial port and signal failures may result in malfunction.
- The touchscreen panel might become irresponsive due to continuous usage for hours.
- Outdated drivers could also be one of the reasons for the touchscreen not working issue.
FIX 1 – Turn off the printer and then on again:
- Turn off the printer.
- Wait for one or two minutes.
- Firmly press the dedicated Power button to turn on the printer.
- Now, see if the touchscreen is responding smoothly like before.
- If the issue persists, take a look at the below troubleshooting methods.
FIX 2 – Plug the printer directly into the wall outlet:
- If you have plugged the power cord into any of the power strips or surge protectors, kindly unplug it right away.
- Firmly plug the power cord directly into a grounded electrical supply.
- Check whether the touchscreen is working when connected directly to the electrical outlet.
FIX 3 – Reset your HP printer:
- Turn on the printer.
- With the power supply flowing, unplug the power cord from the printer’s rear end.
- Wait patiently for at least 60 seconds.
- Now, reconnect the power cord and turn on the printer.
- Try to use the touchscreen once again.
FIX 4 – Clean the touchscreen
- First, power off the printer.
- Next, clean the touchscreen with a lint-free cloth.
- Carefully clean off any dirt using a piece of cardstock.
- Clean out any remaining grit under the bezel at the edges of the screen.
- Power on the device.
Update to the latest firmware
- Turn on your computer. Connect it to the Internet.
- Open the default web browser and visit the HP printer official website.
- If you find that the product name and Operating System are different, then change it right away.
- Locate the Firmware section.
- Click on it to find out the list of firmware available for your printer.
- Click on the Download button to save the firmware file on your PC.
- Connect the USB cable between your printer and the computer.
Note: It is important that you do not unplug the power cord during the firmware update. Once the firmware for your HP printer is installed, check if the touchscreen is responding to your touches. We have provided some of the best troubleshooting methods that will eventually fix your HP printer touch screen not responding problem. For more queries regarding the topic, contact us.
All views on this site are made by the best of our knowledge and do not represent any thoughts of other sites. Using this website, you can understand how to setup, use and troubleshoot your product. Also, the services provided by us are limited to customer requests and does not replicate any other businesses.