HP Printer Fax Setup
HP Printer Fax Setup
Faxing is a secure means for sharing documents compared to email or other services. HP has developed Fax-capable multifunctional printers through which you can send documents to any fax machine. You can either use the landline phone or cellular service.
Simple Guidelines For HP Printer Fax Setup
How to set up and send a fax from HP Printer
- Connect phone wall jack to the printer’s 1-LINE jack using a phone cord.
- Connect an answering machine, if you have one, to the 2-EXT jack of the printer using another phone cord.
- Open Fax Setup Wizard on your Windows.
- Set your Fax preferences and settings.
- Alternately, open the Fax or Setup menu on the printer’s control panel and set your preferences.
- Select the Run a Fax Test option under the Fax menu to get a report.
- Place the document that you wish to fax on the scanner glass.
- Dial the receiving fax number from the control panel and tap Black, Color or Send.
Detailed instructions for setting up fax through landline telephone service
Get a telephone cord with connectors that have two wire leads.
Push one end of the phone cord into the phone’s wall jack and the other end to the 1-LINE jack on the printer’s rear.
If you have an answering machine, use a phone cord to connect the answering machine to the 2-EXT jack of the printer. The answering machine can now record voice calls without the interference of noises from faxes.
Open the HP Software on your computer and set preferences and settings for fax under the Fax Setup Wizard on your Windows operating system or Basic fax settings on your Mac.
Alternately, you can also use the Fax or Setup menu on the printer’s control panel to set your preferences.
Create a fax header which should include your name, your business’ name and the fax telephone number. Enable the Answer mode if required and select a ring type, dial type, and fax volume.
You can also choose the number of rings to answer, i.e., the printer counts the number and answers the call after the set number rings.
Open the Fax menu on the printer’s control panel and select the Run Fax Test option. Wait for the printer to print a report comprising test results and instructions for resolving issues if any.
Insert the document to be faxed, on the scanner glass. If you want to fax multiple pages, load your document in the Automatic Document Feeder.
Dial the receiving fax number including the area core, line access code and country code from the control panel, and select Black, Color or Send. The printer prints a fax report if the fax was sent successfully.