- Troubleshooting HP Photosmart 8450 Printer
How To Do HP Photosmart 8450 Troubleshooting?
Troubleshooting involves the process of identifying and eliminating the issues when your printer encounters various problems. The solutions for this may vary accordingly. To know how to perform the HP Photosmart 8450 troubleshooting, check out the below section.
HP Photosmart 8450 won’t print in Windows 10
HP Photosmart 8450 won’t print in Windows 10 if there is a faulty connection or bad configuration in Windows. This may also happen due to missing printer drivers. It can be solved by following the below given solutions.
Set your HP Photosmart 8450 printer as Default:
- On your computer, type Control panel in the search box.
- Select Control panel from the available list.
- Select Devices and Printers.
- Right-click the HP Photosmart 8450 printer under the Printer section.
- Select Set as default printer from the available list.
Note: A green checkmark will be seen below the icon of your HP Photosmart printer. Now the printer is set as default for Windows.
Remove all print jobs:
It is necessary to clear all the print jobs to resolve the printer issue.
- On your computer, go to the Control panel.
- Select Devices and Printers.
- Right-click the HP Photosmart 8450 printer.
- Select See what’s printing from the available list.
- At the top left corner, click on the Printer menu.
- Select Open as Administrator.
- Open the Printer menu again and then select Cancel All Documents.
- Click Yes to confirm the action.
Print jobs are now canceled. Check whether the issue is fixed or not.
Check for any hardware issues on your HP Photosmart 8450 printer:
Ensure that you clear all the paper jam errors that lead to the HP Photosmart 8450 print issue. Ensure that you’ve installed the cartridges correctly and try replacing the old one with a new cartridge if required.
HP Photosmart 8450 not printing
Usually, printing may stop due to the print jobs that are stuck in the print queue. You can try resolving the print jobs stuck in the print queue by following these instructions. Ensure that you reinstall your HP printer driver. Follow the below given steps to uninstall and reinstall the printer driver.
Note: Ensure that you disconnect the USB cables from your printer.
- Select Control Panel from the Start menu.
- Click the Add or remove programs icon.
- Select your HP Photosmart 8450 printer and then click Uninstall.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the removal process.
- Restart your computer.
- On your computer, open a web browser.
- Click Software and Drivers.
- Enter your product name and then click Search.
- To install the latest driver, click Download.
Using HP Print and Scan Doctor:
- Load some paper in the paper tray on your printer and then turn on the printer.
- You can now download the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool from the manufacturer’s website.
- Open the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
- Click Start on the screen to select your printer and follow the instructions for troubleshooting.
Delete print jobs and stop the print spooler:
- Ensure that you turn off your printer.
- Unplug the power cord.
- On your Windows computer, open Services.
- Right-click the Print Spooler in the Services window.
- Select Stop and then close the Services window.
- You can now shut down your computer.
- Start reconnecting the power cord to the printer and then turn on the printer and your computer.
HP Photosmart 8450 offline
Set your printer as default:
- On your Windows computer, select Settings -> Devices -> Printers and Scanners.
- Search for your printer and then click your printer name.
- Click Manage.
- Select Set as default under Manage your device.
Now, we have seen how to perform HP Photosmart 8450 troubleshooting.