- HP Photosmart 5514 Printing Issues
Why My HP Photosmart 5514 Not Printing?
While using a printer, there are chances for issues to occur occasionally. Some of them are printers offline, no response, and slow printing. Almost all the printing issues can be resolved easily by performing relevant troubleshooting instructions. In case your HP Photosmart 5514 not printing, make use of the solutions given here.
Usually, the printer will not respond to the print operation if it is offline or not ready to print. To resolve these issues, follow the below instructions.
Printer Is Not Ready To Print
- Check whether your HP Photosmart 5514 printer is turned on.
- If not, turn it on.
- Similarly, if the printer is in sleep mode, wake it by pressing the Power button on the printer’s control panel.
- Check whether the input tray of your printer has enough paper to perform the print operation.
- If not, load the tray with enough paper.
- Make sure that you have loaded the recommended paper type in the tray.
- Check if the ink cartridges are installed properly. If not, remove and install them properly.
- If any error message is displayed on your printer screen, perform the necessary solutions to clear it.
- To get remote assistance in resolving the printer issue, contact us.
- If HP Photosmart 5514 is still not printing, then restart the printer.
Printer Is Offline
Method 1: Use the HP diagnose tool
- On your Windows computer, run the HP diagnose tool called HP Print and Scan Doctor.
- Make sure to keep your HP printer turned on while running this tool.
- Open the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool.
- Choose your printer if prompted.
- Click on the Fix printing button and follow the on-screen instructions.
Check whether the HP Photosmart 5514 printer’s printing issues are resolved. If not, perform the next method.
Method 2: Set your HP printer as the default printer
- On your computer’s Printers & Scanners window, select the Let Windows manage my default printer option.
- Now, from the list of printers, select your HP printer and click on the Manage button followed by Set as default.
Method 1: Run HP Smart Diagnose & Fix
- On your Mac computer, open the HP Smart app.
- Go to the Printers section.
- Click on the Diagnose & Fix option followed by Start.
- Fix the printing issue by following the on-screen instructions.
- Now, check if the issue is resolved. If not, try the next method.
Method 2: Re-add the printer
- Open the System Preferences window.
- Click on the Printers & Scanners option.
- Select your HP printer.
- Remove the selected printer by clicking on the minus icon available beside it.
- In the confirmation dialog box, click on the Delete Printer option.
Now, check if your HP Photosmart 5514 not printing issue is resolved. If not, contact us.