HP Officejet Pro 8720 won’t connect to wifi
The HP Officejet Pro 8720 won’t connect to Wi-Fi for various reasons. Refer to the document below for troubleshooting techniques. You can make use of the diagnosing tools and solve connection issues with your HP Officejet Pro 8720 printer.
The easy steps to resolve the network connection issue with the HP Officejet Pro 8720 printer
- Reset the print environment and check if you establish a Wi-Fi connection.
- Make sure the router is on and the connection is stable.
- Power off the printer and unplug it from the power source.
- Reconnect the cable to the plugboard and turn the printer on.
- Swipe down on the control panel to open the dashboard.
- Tap the Wireless icon and go to Settings.
- Touch Wireless Settings —> Wi-Fi Protected Setup.
- Follow the instructions on the display to complete the wireless setup for the HP printer.
The detailed procedure to troubleshoot the HP Officejet Pro 8720
- After establishing the wireless connection, there are many possibilities for the HP Officejet Pro 8720 printer to lose connection. You have to troubleshoot the devices and fix the network issue.
- Verify whether the other devices connected to the router receive a proper network connection. If the connection problem persists with other devices, you the problem is with the router. You have to reset the router and try again.
- If you still can’t connect, then call the service provider. You can make use of HP Print & Scan Doctor, and fix the error with your printer. This tool is available for free online, browse the official site and download the application for free.
- You can find your printer from the list displayed under “Choose Your Product.” If you cannot find the Officejet Pro 8720 printer, you have to click on My Product is not listed.” Follow the guidelines provided and click Retry.
- The issue should be solved by now; if not, proceed with the next step. If there is any signal block, or the devices are away from each other, the connection may drop. You can change the position of the router and the printer.
- Place them closer so that you can enhance the signal strength. Verify if no other radio signals interrupt the Wi-Fi. If you still face the connection drop, minimize the Wi-Fi Channel interference.
- If your router is not secured with a key, many devices nearer the router get connected to the network. Link the devices, add the security key. Restart all the devices and connect them again.
- From the same router establish an Ethernet connection, if the signal is proper, work with a wired network connection. Contact your service provider and resolve the issue. The information furnished above will be useful for you to resolve the HP Officejet Pro 8720 network issue.