- HP Officejet Pro 8610
HP Officejet Pro 8610 Missing or Failed Printhead Message
One of the common issues encountered by the HP printer users is the HP Officejet Pro 8610 missing or failed printhead message. When your HP Officejet Pro 8610 printer fails to perform the print operation, this error is displayed on your printer’s control panel or the computer.
Method 1: Reset The HP Officejet Pro 8610 Printer
- Make sure that your HP printer is turned ON.
- Now, disconnect the printer’s power cord while it is turned ON.
- Leave your HP printer disconnected from the power source for 60 seconds.
- Now, reconnect the power cord to the printer.
- Power on the HP printer and check whether the missing or failed printhead message is cleared.
- If not, perform the troubleshooting method 2 to resolve the HP Officejet Pro 8610 missing message.
Method 2: Update Printer Firmware From Windows
- First, connect your HP printer and the Windows computer to the same network.
- Now, open a web browser.
- Navigate to the HP Customer Support page.
- Scroll down this page and enter HP Officejet Pro 8610 in the field below the section titled Identify your product for manuals.
- Click the Enter button.
- Go to the Software, Drivers, and Firmware tab.
- Usually, your current OS type will be auto-detected by the page, and the driver and firmware files available for the OS will be displayed on the screen. If the displayed OS version doesn’t match with yours, then click Choose a different OS and select your OS from the drop-down menu.
- Click the Change button.
- Go to Firmware and click Download beside it.
- Once the firmware file is downloaded, open it and start the firmware installation.
- Perform the on-screen instructions to complete the firmware update process.
- Once the firmware has been updated, restart your printer and the computer.
Now, check if this issue is resolved. If not, perform the next method.
Method 3: Reset The Printhead
- First, disconnect the power cable from your printer while it is turned ON.
- Now, open the cartridge access door of your printer.
- Raise the cartridge carriage latch.
- Gently lift the printhead and then lower it.
- Lower the carriage latch and reconnect the power cord into your printer.
- Once the printer turns on, check whether the failed printhead error is resolved.
- If still the HP Officejet Pro 8610 missing issue persists, repeat this method once again.