- Setup HP OfficeJet Pro 8035e Wireless Printer
HP OfficeJet Pro 8035e Wireless Setup
HP OfficeJet Pro 8035e is an All-in-One printer specifically designed for small offices and workgroups. You can connect any wireless device to this printer as it supports wireless connectivity. For detailed instructions about the HP OfficeJet Pro 8035e Wireless Setup, go through the steps given below.
Before performing the wireless setup:
- Verify that you have completed the basic printer settings.
- Remove any Ethernet cable connected to your printer.
- Place the printer close to your router to avoid connection issues during the wireless setup. This will also reduce Wi-Fi interference.
- Identify the wireless credentials such as SSID and network key from your router’s label.
- Turn on the printer and navigate to the touchscreen control panel.
- Tap the Settings or Wireless icon and select the Restore Network Defaults option.
- Wait for the printer to restore the network settings to factory defaults.
Installing the HP Smart app:
- To begin with, connect your computer to your local wireless network.
- Launch the default browser and visit the official HP site.
- Type your printer’s model number in the search field and hit the Enter key.
- Click the Software, Drivers and Firmware tab.
- Wait until your Operating System is detected automatically.
- In case your OS is not detected, click on the Choose a different OS link and select your OS version.
- Click Update and select the HP Smart app.
- Click the Install button below the HP Smart app and wait until the download is complete.
- Close the browser and launch the HP Smart app.
- Create or sign in to your HP account to access all the printer functions.
- If your printer is not detected automatically, click the plus sign at the top and follow the on-screen prompts.
- When you are prompted to choose the connection type, select the Wireless option and click Next.
- Once you have added your printer to the HP Smart app, print a test page to verify the connection between your printer and computer.
- You have now completed the wireless setup.
Alternative method: Using Wireless Setup Wizard
- First and foremost, turn on your printer.
- Navigate to the touchscreen panel and tap the Settings or Wireless icon.
- Select the Wireless Setup Wizard option from the Network Setup menu.
- Choose your SSID (wireless network name) from the displayed list and enter the network key using the on-screen keypad.
- Wait for your printer to connect to the wireless network.
- Once the wireless connection is made, print a wireless network report.
- In case the wireless setup wizard fails to connect your printer to the wireless network, perform the WPS Push Button method to complete the HP OfficeJet Pro 8035e wireless setup.