Replacement HP Officejet Pro 6978 Printhead
[Solved] HP Officejet Pro 6978 Printhead Replacement
A printhead is an important part of this printer. If you find any problems with the printhead, you can clean it. The cleaning procedure is available in the HP Customer Support page; you can log in and resolve the HP Officejet Pro 6978 Printhead Replacement issue.
Quick Steps to Clean the Printhead in HP Officejet Pro 6978
- Gather the necessary cleaning materials, and start cleaning.
- Open the ink cartridge access door.
- Wait for the peripheral components to remain idle and silent before you proceed.
- Clean the inner parts of the printer using suitable cleaning equipment.
- Clean the printhead contacts carefully.
- Reinsert the ink cartridge into the slot, and then press the ink cartridge until it clicks into place.
- Repeat the same for another ink cartridge.
- Close the ink cartridge access door, if opened.
Read More About HP Officejet Pro 6978 Printhead Replacement
- In the HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer, the replacement of the printhead is not possible. The printhead is not a removable part on this printer. So, if you find any problems with the printhead, then try to clean it. Perform the given procedure to clean the printhead and resolve the printhead issue.
- To clean the printhead, gather the following materials a clean, lint-free cloth, dry cotton swab, distilled, or bottled water. Avoid using tap water, platen cleaners, or alcohol because they might contain contaminants that can damage the contacts.
- Open the ink cartridge access door. The cartridge moves to the left side of the printer. Make sure to close the scanner lid while opening the access door. If the scanner lid has opened, then the ink cartridge access door does not open.
- Now wait for the system to remain idle, and silent before you start proceeding to the next step. Push the front of the ink cartridgeinwards to free it and then draw remove the cartridge from the slot.
- Now, dampen a clean, lint-free cloth with distilled water or bottled, and place the cartridge to its side, such that the contacts slide up. Clean the printhead contacts by moistening the cotton swab, and then wipe the contacts inside the printheads.
- After thoroughly cleaning the ink cartridge, reinsert it back into the slot. Lower the ink cartridge until it clicks at the right place. Repeat the same for installing the other ink cartridges, if required. Close the ink cartridge access door.
- Check whether the HP Officejet Pro 6978 Printhead Replacement problem has been resolved. If not, contact HP experts for a better solution.