- HP Laserjet P1100 Cannot Connect Wirelessly
HP Laserjet Professional P1100 Printer Cannot Connect Wirelessly
Connectivity issues are common and they can be resolved with the correct solutions. If your HP LaserJet Professional P1100 printer fails to connect wirelessly, don’t worry. A few troubleshooting solutions can fix your whole problem within a few minutes. Try out all the solutions given in this article and get rid of the connection issues.
Check Your Connections: HP Laserjet P1100 Printer
- Check whether your HP LaserJet Professional P1100 printer is turned on and receives enough power. If there is a power outage, wait until the issue gets fixed.
- Whenever you face connectivity issues with your printer, you should always check your Internet’s stability. If you find any problems with your Internet connection, fix them in the first place. In case you find no faults with your Internet, proceed with the troubleshooting techniques listed below.
- It is mandatory to connect your printer to the same network to which your computer is connected. In case you have connected them to different networks, you will probably face connectivity issues.
- If necessary, reset your modem and the router. This will probably fix your problem.
Disable Use Printer Offline
- Sometimes, users unintentionally enable the Use Printer Offline option without knowing that it can impact the printer’s wireless connection. Follow the instructions below to disable Use Printer Offline.
- On your computer, click Start and go to the Devices and Printers section.
- Right-click on your HP LaserJet Professional P1100 printer and choose the See what’s printing option.
- Go to the Printer tab and disable the Use Printer Offline option.
- Now check whether you can connect your HP LaserJet Professional P1100 printer to your wireless network.
Set your printer as the default
- When you set your printer as default, it means that you are sending all your print jobs from your computer to it.
- In case you have set some other printer other than the HP LaserJet Professional P1100 printer as the default machine, the print jobs you send from your computer will directly go to that printer.
- To set your printer as the default, click Start and go to the Devices and Printers section. Right-click on your HP LaserJet Professional P1100 printer and choose the Set as default printer option.
Cancel the print queue
- When the print queue gets piled up on a printer’s memory, it will lead to complete malfunctioning of the printer itself. In those instances, you can fix the problem by canceling the jobs in the print queue.
- To cancel the pending jobs from the print queue, click Start and go to the Devices and Printers section. Right-click on your printer and choose the See what’s printing option.
- Click the Printer menu and choose the Cancel All Documents option to clear the print queue.
- Once you have canceled all the documents, check whether you can wirelessly connect your HP LaserJet Professional P1100 printer.
Update your Printer Driver
- A printer driver is important for the proper communication between the printer and the computer. When it goes outdated, you need to update it for its proper functioning.
- For your HP LaserJet Professional P1100 printer, you can get the updated printer from its official site.
- Access the official support page of HP from your default browser.
- Enter your printer model and download the printer driver recommended for your OS.
- Once the driver is downloaded, locate the file in the Downloads folder and install it on your computer by following the on-screen instructions.
- Now check whether you can connect your HP LaserJet Professional P1100 printer wirelessly.
Power cycle your printer
- Whatever the issue is, a power cycle can fix it without much trouble.
- To power cycle your HP LaserJet Professional P1100 printer, turn it off and disconnect the power cable from the power source.
- Leave your printer disconnected for a minute.
- Now, just reconnect the power cable to the power source and turn on your printer.
- If you still cannot connect your HP LaserJet Professional P1100 printer wirelessly, reach out to us for expert assistance.
All views on this site are made by the best of our knowledge and do not represent any thoughts of other sites. Using this website, you can understand how to setup, use and troubleshoot your product. Also, the services provided by us are limited to customer requests and does not replicate any other businesses.