- HP Envy 5640 Printing Issue
Why That My HP Envy 5640 Not Printing?
If your HP Envy printer doesn’t print, it might be facing issues like connection failure, paper jam issues, ink cartridge issues, etc. Initially, check if the printer is turned on and there is enough paper in the printer. Also, check the ink levels on the printer. Now, follow the troubleshooting methods given here if your HP Envy 5640 not printing.
Check the printer connection:
- Check the printer if there are any error messages displayed. If you see an error message, then with the help of the instructions on the printer, fix the issue.
- If you have connected the printer to your computer using a USB cable, then examine the cable and replace it if required.
- If the printer is connected over a wireless network, then make sure the wireless router is turned on and the computer is connected to the same network. Restart the printer, router, and computer. Now, check if the HP Envy 5640 not printing issue is resolved.
Check if the printer is offline or paused:
- If your printer is offline or paused, then you won’t be able to print on it.
- If you have connected your printer to a Windows computer, go to the Control Panel window and then choose Devices & Printers.
- Right-click on your printer and choose See what’s printing.
- Click the Printer menu and deselect the Use Printer Offline option.
Set the printer as default:
- Go the Devices & Printers window in the Control Panel.
- Right-click your printer.
- From the list of options, click on Set as Default Printer.
Clear the print queue:
- If there are any stuck print jobs, then the printer won’t print.
- To clear the print queue, go to Control Panel > Devices & Printers.
- Double-click the printer icon.
- Click the Printer menu.
- Now, select the option to clear or purge all the pending print jobs.
- Once you have completed these steps, restart the printer and check if the HP Envy 5640 not printing issue has been resolved. If the HP Envy 5640 printer still doesn’t print, then you can reset the printer.