HP Envy 5055 Troubleshooting
Electronic gadgets encounter various kinds of issues due to improper maintenance. The same goes for a printer. In certain cases, you cannot resolve the issue. Referring to the manual, and resolving the HP Envy 5055 Troubleshooting issue may help you in times. Even if the issue is unresolved, use the solutions below to fix it.
Envy 5055 driver not installing
If you are unable to install the driver on the system, read the solutions provided for the issue. If the driver is incompatible with the printer model, the issue occurs. Identify the cause of the HP Envy 5055 Troubleshooting issue, and resolve it.
- Power off the router by pressing the Power button. Disconnect all USB or Ethernet cables from the printer’s USB port. End all running programs on the system.
- In Windows, type the Programs and Features tab on the Search tab. Select the tab from the list of available results.
- Choose the printer name from the list of installed programs, click Uninstall -> Yes option. Use the Yes option if the User Account Control message displays.
- Use the instructions mentioned on the screen to complete the software removal process. Use the Windows Update software to automatically download driver software.
- Use the Add Printer tool in the Windows system to install the built-in driver. In Windows, type devices. Search for Devices and Printers from the list.
- View the Add a Printer icon, and click on it. Wait until the Choose a device or printer to add this PC window displays.
- If the printer displays, click Next, and use the instructions to complete the setup.
Envy 5055 Driver for Windows 7 32-bit
The HP Envy 5055 printer supports two types of drivers – full feature and basic. Get all the latest features of the printer by downloading and installing the full feature driver. Get more information about the driver using the steps mentioned below.
- The driver should be compatible with the printer model and version of the operating system. Check if the printer supports 32 bit or 64-bit version.
- Do not turn off the printer and the system during the download process. If the file is corrupt, it is impossible to install the driver on your Windows system.
- Check if the driver contains the updated version. If it is an updated version, uninstall the printer driver on the system. View the list of installed drivers on the system.
- Right-click on the installed driver, find Uninstall on the pop-up menu, and click on it. Use the on-screen prompts for the software removal.
- Download the driver for the Windows 7 32 bit operating system. Use the full feature driver on our website. Click on it to begin with start the installation process.
- Choose the mode of connection as Wired or Wireless. Proceed with the steps provided on the screen to complete the installation process.
Envy 5055 printer not displaying scanning options properly
You can try to scan from the HP Envy 5055 printer using the HP Scan Software. Check if the driver is installed properly on the system.
- Uninstall the printer driver from our website. Power down the printer using the Power button. Unplug the USB cable from the printer’s power port.
- Click the Start button, and choose the All Programs icon. Type HP folder, and select the printer’s name and model number.
- Select the Uninstall option. Choose the HP Basic Device Software to uninstall the drivers. Choose any other software components you wish to uninstall.
- Click Next to remove unwanted drivers, and other selected software from the system. Reboot the system if required. After a while, install the driver from our website. Click on the link to begin the installation.
- Install it depending based on the instructions mentioned on the screen. Choose the connection type as Wired or Wireless. Click Finish after the driver download completes.
Envy 5055 won’t print
If the printer is unable to print, there can be various reasons to resolve the HP Envy 5055 troubleshooting issue. The reasons are damaged power cable, loose connections, low ink level, and corrupted printer driver.
- If the power cable is damaged or not in use, replace it with a new one. After a while, insert one end of the cable to the printer’s rear, and the other end to the system’s USB port.
- Set the printer as default. Open the Control Panel of the system by pressing the Start menu. Choose Devices and Printers.
- Right-click on the printer name, and set it as Default. Make sure that the printer is chosen. If the ink level is low, replace it with a new one.
- Unlock the ink cartridge access door. Wait for the carriage to move to the replacement position. Wait for the carriage to remain idle.
- Insert the ink cartridges into their slots, and press them until they snap into place. After a while, the HP printer prints an alignment page.
Envy 5055 will not connect to wireless
Download the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool to resolve the issue. Install the HPPSdr.exe setup file to begin the installation process.
- The tool detects the issues, and resolves them automatically. If the HP printer is connected to a wireless network, check for a stable wireless light.
- Make sure that the printer and the system are connected to the same network. Do not connect the printer to a guest network.
- Move both the devices close to a wireless router for better signal strength. Check if your the printer is connected to a Virtual Private Network. Disconnect and reconnect it to a suitable network.
- If the Airplane mode is enabled, disable it. As the mode does not detect the wireless networks in the surroundings. Uninstall and reinstall the printer driver.
- Check if the router is connected to an appropriate port. If the HP Envy 5055 Troubleshooting issue persists, call our technical team to fix it.