How To Use Streaming Device
The streaming device is a media player which allows your television or home theater devices to connect to the internet.
- Many streaming devices have built-in Wi-Fi for wireless network connections.
- In order to connect to a streaming device, you will require an HD TV and a broadband internet.
- The internet connection can be established either by wired or wireless mode.
- To begin the streaming process, check for an available HDMI port on your TV set.
- Unpack your streaming device and connect one end of the HDMI cable to it and the other end to your TV.
- Plug one end of the power cord to the streaming device and the other end to the electrical outlet on a power strip.
- Place the batteries in the remote control and follow the on-screen instructions that appear on your TV.
- Depending upon the device (like Roku) you choose, you may need to create an account.
- Subscribe to a service (Netflix) or download free applications that are available in the internet.
- Switch the input button on your TV remote to watch movies, videos and more.
Easiest Streaming Device To Use
Some of the popular streaming devices are listed below.
- Roku Streaming Stick and Media Player
- NVIDIA SHIELD TV Streaming Player
- Amazon Fire TV Streaming Device
- Google Chromecast Ultra Streaming Media Player
- Roku Express Streaming Device
- TiVo BOLT VOXDVR & Streaming Player
- Roku Ultra
- Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote
- LG WebOS-powered OLEDB6P
How To Use Streaming Device On PC
Google Chromecast is a streaming device that allows streaming content from your computer or mobile to your TV.
- Connect the Chromecast into the HDMI port and its power cable into the USB port of your TV.
- If the USB PORT is not available on your TV, then you can use a power adapter and connect it to the wall outlet.
- Turn ON the TV and choose the appropriate input. Boot your computer.
- Ensure that you connect the computer to the same Wi-Fi network which is used for streaming content.
- Visit the Chromecast site on your TV.
- Download and install the Chromecast application on your computer.
- The Chromecast app will start automatically. If not, double-click on the shortcut to start it.
- A Chromecast code will be displayed on your TV and computer. Select That’s My Code option.
- Enter your Wi-Fi password on the computer. Download the Google Cast Extension to broadcast the content from computer to TV through Chromecast.
- Use the Chrome browser and install the extension. Click the +Free button to complete the installation.
How To Use Streaming Device On Laptop
You can use any streaming device to stream content from your Laptop. The instructions to Chromecast are given below.
- Plug the streaming device (Chromecast) to the available HDMI port and the power cable to the USB port available on your TV.
- Switch ON your TV and choose the necessary inputs.
- Ensure you connect your laptop and the streaming device to the same wireless network.
- Before connecting, make sure you boot up your laptop.
- A prompt appears on your HD TV screen to visit the Chromecast site.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to download and install the Chromecast app on your laptop.
- The app must start automatically. If not, double-click the Chromecast icon on your laptop or move the location where you installed the app.
- A randomized code will appear on your TV and the laptop.
- Ensure both the code matches, click That’s My Code and type your Wi-Fi password.
- Download the Google Cast Extension to stream content from the laptop to the TV using Chromecast. Click the +Free button to complete the installation.
How To Use Streaming Device On iPhone
The simplest method to connect your iPhone wirelessly is using the Apple’s hub or extender media called as Apple TV.
- The Apple TV is a digital media device that allows the users to stream videos, music using an internet connection.
- Set up your Apple TV device.
- Ensure that it is connected to the same wireless network as your iPhone.
- From the bottom of your iPhone, swipe up to launch the Control Center.
- Tap on the AirPlay Mirroring option.
- Select your Apple TV from the list of devices.
- The Apple TV begins screening a mirror of whatever appears on your iPhone.
- The AirPlay can also be used to stream media from your iPhone to the High Definition TV like music or videos.
- You can also use a cable like Apple’s Digital AV Adapter that connects your iPhone to the HDMI port which is available on your TV.
- Ensure that you use the right version of the Digital AV Adapter.
How To Use Streaming Device On Mac
Before establishing the connection, check which ports your Mac and the TV has. Follow the steps given below on how to use Streaming Device:
- One method is using the USB-C to HDMI Adaptor.
- Plug the USB-C adaptor to the port available on your Mac device.
- Use the HDMI cable from the adaptor and plug it to your HD TV.
- Purchase an HDMI cable and connect it to the streaming device.
- The adapter will drain the battery of your Mac device.
- Ensure to unplug the Mac device when not in use.
- The other method is using the Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Adaptor.
- This can be used in older Mac devices that does not have a USB-C port in it.
- The audio support is available only in Mac computers that are released after the year 2010.
- The older Mac devices require a separate cable for audio support.
How To Use Streaming Device On Android
You can stream videos from your Android device to the TV. The steps to connect the streaming device and Android is given below.
- The Roku Streaming Stick can be used to display the Android screen on your TV.
- Enable the Screen Mirroring option on your Roku settings.
- Click on the Streaming icon that appears on your Android phone.
- You can start viewing photos and videos on your TV.
- The AllCast application can be used to view photos and videos on your Android phone on a virtually connected TV platform.
- Download and install the AllCast app from the Play Store of your Android device.
- Open the application. The app automatically detects the devices that are connected to the wireless network.
- AllCast basically supports all the streaming devices like Roku, Samsung Smart TV.
- Click on the device you want to connect.
- Select the photos and videos to view them on your TV.
Use Streaming Device Without WiFi
The Chromecast streaming device can be used even without connecting to the Wi-Fi network. This is because the Chromecast can operate in guest mode. The streaming device generates a random four-digit number that is required to use the device in the guest mode. The Chromecast transfers this four-digit number using short inaudible tones when a device tries to connect with it. You can simply touch the Chromecast button and click Nearby Devices. This allows the outside users to fully control the Chromecast streaming device from the cloud.
How To Use Streaming Device Without WiFi
- The display of the Android device can be mirrored to a Chromecast streaming device without using the Wi-Fi connection.
- Currently, this option is not available for Apple devices.
- Download and install the Chromecast app on your Android device.
- Open the app and tap on the Burger menu present in the top left corner.
- Touch the Cast Screen or Audio option.
- Select your Chromecast device. The Screen mirroring is however different from a wireless display.
- You can also stream videos and photos using an HDMI ready TV.
- Plug one end of the cable into your phone or tablet and the other end to the HDMI port that is available on your TV.
- After the connection is established, whatever appears on your mobile displays on your TV.
- You can play games, surf the web, view photos and videos on the big screen.
- This method is easy and requires only a cable to be connected.
- It does not require any Wi-Fi connection or password.