- How To Use Wd My Passport
How To Use Wd My Passport For Mac?
Western Digital (WD) My Passport is one of the well-trusted portable external storage devices. Data that are stored on this drive will be secure with My Passport password protection and built-in 256-bit AES hardware encryption. This drive is available in 1 TB, 2 TB, 4 TB, and 5TB storage capacities. It is compatible with Windows 10 and Windows 8.1 operating systems. Reformat the WD My Passport drive to use it on your Mac computer. Inside this drive package, you can find the components such as WD My Passport hard drive, SuperSpeed USB cable, WD Discovery software, and quick install guide. The section below explains the procedure to reformat the drive and use it with the Mac computer’s Time Machine for the backup process and know how to use Wd my passport for Mac .
Reformat the WD My Passport drive
- First, connect the WD My Passport drive to your Mac computer using the SuperSpeed USB cable provided with the package.
- Now, on your Mac computer, click the Finder icon.
- Select the Applications option.
- In the Applications window, click the folder titled Utilities.
- Now, double-click the Disk Utility option to open it to know how to use Wd my passport for Mac .
- Locate and select the My Passport hard drive on the Disk Utility screen.
- You can find the Erase tab on the left-hand side of the application screen. Locate and click it.
- Choose the Mac OS Extended option from the Volume Format menu.
- Now, click the Erase button.
- The formatting of your My Passport drive will begin.
- Wait for the format process to complete.
- Once it is done, you can use the drive with your Mac computer’s Time Machine.
Using My Passport with Mac computer’s Time Machine
- Connect the My Passport drive to your Mac computer if you have disconnected it.
- Now, launch the Time Machine application from the Applications section.
- Locate and click the Use as Backup Disk option.
- Now, you can use your My Passport drive to store all the information present on your Mac computer.
Procedure to store files from the Mac computer to drive
- Locate and double-click the My Passport icon.
- Simply click and drag or copy and paste the files or folders to the external hard drive.
- After moving files or folders into the drive, eject it and finaly you know how to use Wd my passport for Mac .