- Backup WD My Cloud To Computer
How To Use WD My Cloud To Backup Computer?
WD My Cloud is a network-attached storage device that includes a hard drive and cloud service. Plug the hard drive directly into the Wi-Fi router and save the digital content to cloud storage. You can transfer the files from your cloud storage to other public cloud services like Google Drive, One Drive, and so on. Saving your data on cloud storage can help you save ample storage on your computer’s local drive. Clearing the storage of your computer also enhances its performance to some extent. Continue to read the following sections to know how to use WD My Cloud to backup computer.
Back up your files
- You can back up your computer directly to your WD My Cloud with the Backup and Restore utility on your Windows computer. It is a Windows built-in software that enables you to back up your files to WD My Cloud.
- On your computer, click Start and type backup in the search area. Then, choose Backup and Restore.
- In the Backup and Restore utility, click on the Setup backup button. When the Start Windows Backup screen pops up, hit on the Save on a network button.
- Then, click on Browse and select the IP address of your WD My Cloud. In the Network credentials section, enter the Username and password. Then, press the OK button.
- Choose the folders and files for which you prefer to create a backup. When you select the Let Windows choose (recommended) option, Windows assigns the files for backup by default. Then, click on the Next button to continue.
- In the Review your backup settings window, specify when you want the backup to happen so that the backup will take place automatically.
- Once done, click on Save Settings and run the backup option.
- Keep in mind that you can use the Windows built-in Backup and Restore utility only for Windows 7, 8, and 10 operating systems. For other editions, the Backup and Restore utility will not work. In that case, you can go ahead with the third-party applications to back up your system to your WD My Cloud.
- Now, you’ve successfully know how to use WD My Cloud to backup computer.
All views on this site are made by the best of our knowledge and do not represent any thoughts of other sites. Using this website, you can understand how to setup, use and troubleshoot your product. Also, the services provided by us are limited to customer requests and does not replicate any other businesses.