- Steps For Using WD Easystore
How To Use WD Easystore?
WD Easystore Portable is an external hard drive with automatic backup software and plug-and-play USB connectivity. To know how to use WD Easystore on both Windows and Mac computers, follow the quick steps given below.
- Start by connecting your WD Easystore drive to your computer using the supplied USB cable.
- After ensuring that the drive has been firmly connected to your computer’s USB port, check if your computer recognizes it.
- By default, the WD Easystore Portable drive is formatted as a single NTFS partition for compatibility with Windows. So, you can connect and start using the drive right away.
- If the Found New Hardware screen appears, click Cancel to close the window.
- Wait for the WD software to install the proper driver for your drive automatically. If it fails to install the driver, check the USB connection and verify if the drive is listed in the file management utility.
- Once the WD Easystore drive is ready for usage as an external storage device, open the WD Discovery software by double-clicking the WD Discovery.exe file on the drive.
- Click on Install Now and then install the required updates.
- Register your drive by clicking the blue Register device button.
- Wait for WD Discovery to install the WD Drive Utilities.
- You should install WD Backup to use your WD Easystore drive for storing backups.
- First, connect the WD Easystore drive to your Mac using the supplied USB cable.
- Next, click the Spotlight Search icon at the top-right corner of the desktop.
- Type ‘disk utility’ in the search field.
- Click to open Disk Utility from the search result.
- Choose your hard drive from the left-side panel and click the Erase button.
- Select the Mac OS Extended (Journaled) option from the Format drop-down menu.
- Choose GUID Partition Map from the Scheme drop-down menu and click the Erase button.
- If prompted, confirm your action and click Done.
- Next, create a partition on your WD Easystore drive.
- Once you have done formatting the drive, download the WD Discovery for Mac software from the official WD site.
- Run the downloaded file to install the WD software. It will help you modify the drive settings.
You have now seen how to use WD Easystore quickly.
All views on this site are made by the best of our knowledge and do not represent any thoughts of other sites. Using this website, you can understand how to setup, use and troubleshoot your product. Also, the services provided by us are limited to customer requests and does not replicate any other businesses.