- Use Remote Desktop Connection for Mac
How to Use Remote Desktop Connection for Mac
Microsoft Remote Desktop is an application available in the Mac App Store. It allows users to access the applications, files, and network resources on Windows computers remotely from Mac.Ask the Question!
Carry out these steps to connect to a Windows desktop from Mac using Remote Desktop connection:
- Before running the app from your Mac, set up the Windows PC for remote connections.
- On your Windows desktop, click the Windows icon and select Settings System Remote Desktop.
- Click the slider to enable Remote Desktop.
- To avoid letting your Windows enter sleep mode, navigate to Show settings, and set the Sleep and Hibernation to Never.
- Make sure to note down the Windows PC name under How to connect to this PC.
- Click the “Select users that can remotely access this PC” checkbox to allow the permission for accessing the files.
- On your Mac desktop, click the App Store from the Dock panel.
- In the search field, type “remote desktop” and choose the Microsoft Remote Desktop app from the available options.
- Click Get followed by the Install App button to download and install the app from the Mac App Store.
- After installing the Remote Desktop application, click the Finder icon from the Dock panel.
- Select Applications from the left-side panel to display the installed applications.
- Give a double-click on the Microsoft Remote Desktop application from the displayed list.
- In the Microsoft Remote Desktop window, click the New icon.
- In the Edit Remote Desktops pop-up window, click the General tab to configure the connection settings.
- Enter the Connection name, PC name, Username, and password in the required fields.
- Close the window and select the created resource to access the Windows files.
- Click the Start button at the top of the Microsoft Remote Desktop screen.
- If you are asked to enter the Windows login credentials, enter the password.
- In the connection center, give a right-click on the remote desktop option.
- Now, you can export the files by clicking the Export button.
- The exported files are stored in “.RDP” file on your Mac computer.
- You can also import the files by clicking the File menu followed by Import.
- Choose the “.RDP” file location and click Open. h
- If you have difficulties in establishing on How to Use Remote Desktop Connection for Mac, contact our technical support team for remote assistance.