- Wd My Cloud Os 5 Update
How To Update Wd My Cloud Os 5?
As technology keeps on improving and evolving every day, we need to get updated to match up with it. Previously, WD (Western Digital) had announced that the support for WD My Cloud OS 3 compatible devices would be ended, and the security updates will no longer be provided for those devices. Recently, Western Digital has released the firmware for WD My Cloud OS 5. In this article, we will see how to update WD My Cloud OS 5 firmware to make the device efficient and productive. If you fail to perform this update, you will no longer be able to access the data in the device from the cloud, and you will be forced to use the device as local storage.
Downloading the latest firmware:
- On your computer, open the default browser.
- Verify if the Internet connection is stable.
- Visit the official WD site.
- Go to the Software & Downloads page.
- Search for your product from the list of devices manufactured by WD.
- Click Submit and search for the latest firmware file.
- Next, click the blue Download button.
- Specify a particular location on your computer to save the firmware file.
- Wait until the download is completed.
Accessing the WD My Cloud dashboard:
- Before you begin, ensure that your WD My Cloud device is connected to the network to which your computer is already connected.
- On your computer, launch the browser app.
- Input your WD device URL in the address bar and hit the Enter key.
Now, you will be directed to the WD My Cloud dashboard.
Updating the firmware through WD My Cloud dashboard:
- Once you have logged in to the WD My Cloud dashboard, click Settings and select Firmware Update from the left-side panel.
- On the Firmware page, select Auto Update to check for available updates and install them automatically.
- If you want to manually update your WD My Cloud device firmware, go to the Manual Update section.
- Click the Update From File button near Firmware Image.
- Now, you should navigate to the folder in which you have saved the downloaded firmware file.
- Click Open after selecting the .deb file.
- If prompted, confirm your action to update the firmware manually.
- Click Install and Reboot.
- Wait until the progression bar is completed.
- Now, the WD My Cloud device reboots automatically.
- Access the WD My Cloud dashboard and go to the Firmware page.
- Make sure to check if the firmware is updated to the latest version.
If you want any assistance on how to update WD My Cloud OS 5, click the Call button and connect with our technical experts.
All views on this site are made by the best of our knowledge and do not represent any thoughts of other sites. Using this website, you can understand how to setup, use and troubleshoot your product. Also, the services provided by us are limited to customer requests and does not replicate any other businesses.