- WD My Cloud OS 3 Update
How To Update WD My Cloud OS 3?
Attention WD users! Support for WD devices running OS version 3 and below are going to end in the month of next year. If you are using a WD My Cloud device compatible with OS version 5, you can update the firmware from the WD My Cloud dashboard. There are two methods to update the firmware:
CHECK THE URL:
Below we have discussed the two methods to update your WD My Cloud OS 3 device in detail.
Before starting the update:
- Connect your WD My Cloud device to your wireless router.
- Turn on your WD My Cloud device.
- Wait until the light of your WD device stops blinking.
- Connect your computer to the same wireless network.
- Proceed to access the device from your computer.
Accessing the WD My Cloud dashboard:
- On your computer, open the default browser.
- Type your My Cloud device IP address In the URL field and hit the Enter key.
- Input the username and the password on the Dashboard login screen.
- Click the Login button to access the WD My Cloud dashboard.
Automatic update: WD My Cloud OS 3
- In the WD My Cloud dashboard, click the Settings icon at the top-right corner of the screen.
- Under Settings, click the Firmware tab.
- In the Available Updates section, click the Update Now button.
- Next, click the Install and Reboot button.
- The firmware will start downloading and it will automatically upgrade your WD My Cloud OS 3 device to the latest version.
- Once your device is restarted, check the firmware version in the WD My Cloud dashboard
Manual update: WD My Cloud OS 3
If you cannot update the firmware automatically, try to update it manually using the steps given below.
- To begin with, go to the WD My Cloud dashboard.
- Click the Firmware tab below Settings.
- Select the Update from File option.
- Next, navigate to the specific folder where you have saved the firmware.
- Select the firmware file and click Open.
- Click the Install and Reboot button on the Update Firmware screen.
- Wait until the update is completed.
- Your device will automatically get rebooted and the firmware version will be updated in the dashboard.
If you are stuck while updating your WD My Cloud OS 3 device, contact us for assistance in resolving it.
All views on this site are made by the best of our knowledge and do not represent any thoughts of other sites. Using this website, you can understand how to setup, use and troubleshoot your product. Also, the services provided by us are limited to customer requests and does not replicate any other businesses.