- Update Mac to 10.12
How to Update Mac to 10.12 ?
- The Mac OS 10.12, also called Mac Sierra, is the thirteenth release of Mac OS.
- The beta version was first released in September 2016. The OS is named after the Sierra Nevada Mountain range located in California and Nevada.
- The Sierra Os features updates such as iCloud, Apple Pay, and Siri. The latest version of the software came in September 2019, five months ago.
- To update Mac to 10.12, you must first check if your Mac is compatible with the 10.12 update.
Here are some devices that are compatible with the Sierra update.
- Macbook Pro
- Macbook Air
- Mac Mini
- Mac Pro
- Before upgrading or installing any new OS on your Mac, it is always advised to make a backup.
- The time machine backup that comes in-built with the Mac makes it simple in terms of time-consuming.
- Use an external hard drive and connect it to your Mac.
- Run the time machine and choose the drive as the destination for the backup.
- You can see further steps on how to take a backup of your data from the link provided above.
Power source & Internet
- Connect your Mac to a power source since it would take an ample amount of your time to download and install the software.
- Make sure your Mac is connected to a high-speed internet because the download time can be a little faster.
- You can download the Sierra OS or 10.12. You can download the newest version from the Apple support website.
- Search for Sierra OS and click OK.
- The New version will be downloaded to your Mac.
- Double click on the downloaded file, and it will open the window showing the new updates available for the 10.12 version.
- Follow the on-screen commands to start installing 10.12 into your Mac.
- Once the installation is complete, open the applications folder on your Mac.
- Locate the file named Install Mac OS Sierra.
- Allow the Mac device to complete the installation.
- Once the installation completes, read the progress bar and restart your Mac. Your Mac will open with the 10.12 Sierra OS update.
- To Update Mac to 10.12, contact our technical team by clicking the call button displayed on this screen.