- How to Update Mac Os
How to Update Mac Os?
We commonly update our operating system to get the best features out of your system. The updated version keeps you safe from viruses, improves performance, and provides increased security to your Mac device. Proceed with the steps given below how to Update Mac Os.Ask the Question!
Checking for a software update manually
- From the Apple menu, select the System Preferences option from the list.
- Click on the Software Update tab to check for any active updates available.
- Otherwise, go to the Apple menu and select About This Mac. Then, click Software Update. The list of available software updates will be displayed on the screen.
- Usually, you will receive a notification when a software update is available.
- To turn on automatic update, select “Automatically keep my Mac up to date” under Software update.
- To update the apps from the App Store, launch the App Store application, and select Updates. Then, select the Apps you want to update.
Settings to update Mac OS automatically
- Go to System preferences from the Apple menu.
- In the Software Update window, click the Advanced tab and select Check for updates.
- Set the changes to “Download new updates when available.”
- Select the Install macOS updates option to update the operating system automatically.
- To update applications on the macOS automatically, select “Install app updates from the App Store.”
Procedure to update the operating system manually
- Select the Apple menu at the top-left corner of the home screen.
- Choose the App Store option and click on the Free Upgrade button to update the software to the next version.
- You can also select the Update all tab in the software update section to activate the new update.
- Restart your Mac device once the operating system is updated.
- Now, you can continue with the instructions on the screen to set up the Mac device or how to Update Mac Os.