- Turn Off/Disable Sticky Keys Windows 10
How To Turn Off/Disable Sticky Keys In Windows 10?
Sticky keys are similar to the Modifier keys on Apple computers and it is integrated into the Windows system to help the physically helpless people. It relieves the user from pressing and holding any shortcut keys on the computer to perform a specific action. Instead, the shortcut keys remain active when the Sticky keys are enabled. Thus the user need not press the exact shortcut keys to perform the same action. Yet this could be a headache for the normal users. Most of us want to keep the sticky keys turned off. Read more and learn How To Turn Off/Disable Sticky Keys In Windows 10.
When do the sticky keys turn on?
When you accidentally or deliberately press the Shift key five times, a dialog box opens up requesting if you need to enable sticky keys on your device. But some users have complained that the sticky keys turn on by any random key pressed on their Windows 10 computer. Try out the below solutions to turn off the sticky keys.
Method-1: In the Settings window
- Click the Start icon and select the Settings icon to open the Settings window.
- Select the Ease of Access menu and then choose Keyboard.
- Navigate to the Sticky Keys menu and click the slider to turn off sticky keys.
- If you do not want the shortcut action to turn on the sticky keys on the system, untick the checkbox beside ‘Allow the shortcut key to start Sticky Keys.’
- Otherwise, you can set a notification sound when the sticky keys feature is enabled. For that, configure the setting under Make it Easier To Type
Method-2: In the Registry Editor window.
- Find ‘Regedit’ using the search bar and open the Registry Editor window.
- Go to the path, HKEY_CURRENT_USER/ControlPanel/Accessibility/StickyKeys, and open the Flag in the right panel.
- Set the value to 506 and click OK.
- Return to the Accessibility section and select Keyboard Response.
- Again, open the Flag and change the value to 122.
- Now, we have learned how To Turn Off/Disable Sticky Keys In Windows 10.