- Resolve Canon Printer Issues
How To Troubleshoot Canon Printer Problems?
The section below explains how to resolve the common Canon printer problems.
Printer Not Turning On
Most of us might have encountered the issue where the printer doesn’t turn on. To resolve this issue, perform the simple troubleshooting instructions given below.
- First, turn on your printer if it is turned OFF.
- Check to make sure that your printer and the computer are connected securely.
- If not, connect them securely.
- If you find any damage to the printer’s power cable, replace it with a new one.
- Unplug the power cable from the printer.
- Wait for at least 2 minutes, then reconnect the power cable to the printer and turn it ON.
- Try connecting the power cable to a different electrical outlet.
- If the printer remains turned OFF, then you have to contact your printer’s manufacturer or dealer to service it.
Printer Not Detected During Software Installation
- To resolve this issue, initially, make sure that your printer is turned ON. If the printer is turned OFF, then turn it ON.
- Check if the printer and your computer are connected to the same wireless network.
- Make sure that your wireless router is turned ON.
- Try restarting the printer and the computer.
- Check if the computer is connected to the correct network.
- If not, connect it, and then start the driver installation process.
- Make sure that you have downloaded the correct printer driver file to perform the software installation.
Printer Not Responding
If your Canon printer is not responding to the print operation from a computer, then perform the quick troubleshooting instructions given below.
- First, make sure that the computer and the printer are connected to the same network connection.
- Check if you have selected the correct Canon printer while setting up the print preferences.
- If your printer doesn’t respond to any print operation, then reset it to resolve Canon printer problems.
Resetting The Printer
- Turn off the printer by pressing the Power button.
- Disconnect all the cables from the printer.
- Again, connect the power and the other cables to the printer after few minutes.
- Press the Power button on your printer’s control panel to turn it ON.
- Connect the printer and your computer to the same network.
- Now, check if the Canon printer problems are resolved. If not contact us.