- Disable Ring Camera Temporarily
How To Temporarily Disable Ring Camera
The Ring camera is one of the best security devices for your home. This camera has some unique safety features that provide a “ring of security” around your house. You can use this device for fulfilling both your indoor and outdoor security requirements. The camera is equipped with high-level technology, which can help you identify any robbers. The Ring security cameras are both cost-effective and efficient and can be installed in any type of house. You have the facility to turn off your Ring camera if you wish. Let us now see how to temporarily disable ring camera. You can do that by disabling the motion recording in your Ring Stick Up or Indoor camera. By making use of the Motion Record Control feature in your Ring app, you can turn off your camera temporarily. Follow the instructions given here in case you don’t want your Stick Up or Indoor camera to record any motion.
Every Ring camera will be equipped with the following components:
- HD video
- Motion detection
- Two-way talk
The Ring camera uses motion-detection technology, as mentioned above. Whenever any movement is detected within a certain range of your Ring camera, this motion-detection technology is immediately activated. Then, you will get a notification in your Ring app and your Ring camera will start recording.
- Launch the Ring app on your device.
- Go to the top-left corner of the screen and tap on the icon with three lines.
- On the screen that displays, tap on the Devices option.
- You can now tap the device (in this case, it’s the Ring camera) you wish to adjust and continue to temporarily disable the Ring camera.
- On the device’s screen, disable or turn off the Record Motion option. To do this task, you have to tap on the toggle switch next to this option.
- Keep in mind that the Off position will be white.
If you turn on the Record Motion option once again, the Ring camera begins noting motions in its field of view. It will then record it in the History log of your device.
You have now successfully know how to temporarily disable ring camera.