- Take Screenshots On Windows 10 Pc
How To Take Screenshots Windows 10 Pc?
You might have taken numerous screenshots on your smartphone because it is quite simple. Do you know how to take screenshots on a Windows 10 PC? There are several methods to take screenshots on Windows computers. It fully depends upon the keyboard or tools you use. To know more about how to take screenshots Windows 10, keep reading the instructions below.
Method 1: Using the keyboard shortcut keys
Depending on the keys you have on your keyboard, use any one of the following options to take screenshots.
- PrtScn Pressing the PrtScn key on your keyboard copies the entire screen to the clipboard. Having the screenshot on your clipboard allows you to paste the image into any programs such as Images, Paints, or Microsoft Word.
- Alt + PrtScn Pressing the Alt + PrtScn shortcut keys copies the active window to the clipboard.
- Windows + Shift + S Pressing these three keys at the same time allows you to take a screenshot on your Windows PC, similar to taking screenshots on a smartphone. The active screen on your computer will dim and the mouse pointer will change. You can even drag and select a portion of the screen to capture the image. After taking the screenshot, it will be copied to your clipboard.
- Windows + PrtScn Pressing the Windows + PrtScn shortcut keys saves the active screen as an image file to the Pictures folder on your computer. You can open the Pictures folder and access the image from the Screenshots subfolder. If you wish to input the screenshot, you can directly paste it into a program by pressing the Ctrl + V shortcut keys after taking the screenshot.
Method 2: Using Snipping Tool
Snipping Tool is a built-in utility that allows you to take screenshots on Windows 10 PCs. It is a much more flexible screenshot utility that grabs the part of the image and saves it to your computer without pasting the screenshot into another program.
- To begin with, click the Start menu and type ‘snipping’ in the search field. Hit the Enter key and click to open Snipping Tool from the search result.
- Choose the required shape of the screenshot from the Mode drop-down menu.
- You can select the following options.
- Free-form Snip
- Rectangular Snip
- Window Snip
- Full-screen Snip
- Click New in the Snipping Tool window and then use the mouse pointer to take the screenshot on your Windows 10 PC.
- Click the Save icon at the top-right corner to save the screenshot to your computer.
- Alternatively, click File and select Save As to save the screenshot. If you need remote assistance regarding how to take screenshots Windows 10, call us.
All views on this site are made by the best of our knowledge and do not represent any thoughts of other sites. Using this website, you can understand how to setup, use and troubleshoot your product. Also, the services provided by us are limited to customer requests and does not replicate any other businesses.