- How To Take Screenshot Of Screen?
How To Take Screenshot Of Screen?
Screenshot, screencap, or screengrab is a cool feature that allows you to capture what is displayed on your device’s screen or a part of the display on your computer screen. This feature is available on desktops, laptops, and smartphones. However, the method to use it may vary based on your device type. If you are using Windows-based OS, then you can find four types of screenshots. The section given below covers all four types and will give you a clear view of how to take a screenshot of your screen.As said in the introduction, the method to take a screenshot may vary based on your OS type. In the below section, you can find the instructions for different operating systems. Go to your OS section and refer to the instructions given to take a screenshot of your screen.
- For Windows OS, you have two different ways to take a screenshot of the screen.
- Using buttons
- Using the Snipping tool
- You can use either of these methods to take the screenshot.
Method 1: Using buttons
- On your desktop or laptop keyboard, you can find a button named “Prt Sc.” It allows you to capture the content displayed on your Windows computer easily and quickly. To take a screenshot using this button, you just need to tap on it. Now, the entire screen will be copied to the clipboard, and it can be pasted into any program of your desire—for example, Microsoft Word, Paint, etc.
- Windows also features some Prt Sc variations and they are Alt + Prt Sc, Windows + Shift + S, and Windows + Prt Sc. You can use these variations based on your needs.
- If you wish to copy only the active window of your Windows computer to the clipboard, then use the Alt + Prt Sc button combo.
- To select and capture a portion of the screen, use the Windows + Shift + S buttons.
- Use the Windows + Prt Sc buttons to capture and save the screen in the jpeg format (image file).
Method 2: Using the Snipping tool
- This free tool is available by default on Windows 7, Windows Vista, and a few other Windows operating systems.
- Launch the Snipping Tool on your computer.
- To do so, open Search and type “snipping tool.”
- From the list of suggestions, choose the one that is related to the Snipping Tool.
- Once the tool is opened, click on the Down arrow icon beside the New option.
- Now, you can find four options: Free-form Snip, Window Snip, Rectangular Snip, and Full-screen Snip.
- Choose the option based on your needs and take a screenshot of the screen.
- You can use only the button combo to take a screenshot of the screen on your Mac computer.
- Command + Shift + 3: Use this button combo to take a screenshot of your computer screen.
- Command + Shift + 4: If you wish to capture a portion of the screen, then use these buttons.
- Command + Shift + 4 + Space bar: To capture a Window or Menu, hold down all these four buttons at the same time.
Based on the iPhone model, the button combo may vary.
- iPhone with Face ID: Hold down the Side & Volume buttons at the same time. Once the screen is captured, tap Done and select the Save to Photos, Save to Files, or Delete Screenshot option of your desire.
- iPhone with a Home button: Press and hold the Home & Side or Sleep/Wake buttons simultaneously. After capturing the content displayed on the screen, tap Done > Save.
The procedure to take a screenshot of your Android phone’s screen may vary based on your smartphone brand. In the section given below, we have covered all the possible ways to take a screenshot on an Android device.Initially, make sure that the screen you want to capture is opened on your Android phone.
- Using buttons: Press and hold the Volume & Power buttons or the Power button to open the phone options. Tap on the Screenshot option.
- Swiping down the screen: On some Android phones, you can take a screenshot of the content displayed just by swiping down the screen.
- Using the Notification panel: Open the Notification panel of your Android phone. Locate and tap on the Screenshot icon to capture the content displayed on the screen.
To know more about taking a screenshot of the screen, contact our technical experts by clicking the Call button provided on this page.
All views on this site are made by the best of our knowledge and do not represent any thoughts of other sites. Using this website, you can understand how to setup, use and troubleshoot your product. Also, the services provided by us are limited to customer requests and does not replicate any other businesses.