- Taking A Full Screenshot
How To Take A Full Screenshot?
Taking screenshots comes in handy when you want to freeze the moment and share it with your near and dear ones. Sometimes, taking a screenshot of a particular area is not enough, and you may need to capture a full-page screenshot or a scrolling screenshot. Full-page screenshots provide you with the flexibility to capture the entire screen that you are viewing currently. This feature is quite helpful in capturing a large amount of data in a single picture. In the below segments, we will discuss how to take a full screenshot (Computers and Smartphones). So, do check it out.
USE THE SNIPPING TOOL
- The Snipping Tool has been in usage for many years, and people use it when they are in rush hours.
- Open the tool and click the New button to begin the screen capturing process.
- The default snip type is the rectangular snip, but you have the option of making it as a free-form, full-screen, or window snip.
- Choose accordingly and capture the screen.
- Once the screenshot is captured, save it manually in any desired location on your PC.
- However, you can modify the screenshot according to your choice.
USE THE PRINT SCREEN COMMAND:
- Open the window or page that you want to capture.
- Press the PrtScn key on your keyboard to take a screenshot.
- However, you can also press the Windows+ Print screen keys at the same time to capture the screenshot.
- Your whole screen will go dim for a few seconds; this means that your computer has successfully taken the screenshot.
- Keep in mind that the screenshot will not be saved as a file. But it will be saved on your computer’s clipboard.
- You need to open an image editing tool and save the file to the desired location.
- However, you can use any third-party application to capture the entire screen.
CAPTURING SCREENSHOT ON A MAC:
- To capture your full screen, press and hold the Shift + Command + 3 keys at the same time to capture the entire screen on your Mac.
- If you witness a thumbnail in the corner of the screen, tap on it to edit further.
- Keep in mind that the screenshots are saved as .png files.
CAPTURE SCREENSHOT ON A SMARTPHONE:
- You can make use of the default screen capture feature to take a full-scrolling screenshot on your smartphone.
- Open the web page or screen that you want to capture.
- Depending on the phone, you can follow the below basic steps.
- Press the Power button and Volume down button at the same time. This action will take the full-screen screenshot, which is automatically saved onto the screenshots folder.
- You can further view, crop, edit or do anything of your choice.
- As many smartphone manufacturers don’t provide this feature, you can install any third-party application to take a full-screen or scrolling screenshot on your mobile.
We hope that the above methods would have helped you to know how to take a full screenshot.