Setup hare Files on Network Windows 10
How to Share Files on Network Windows 10
File sharing on Windows 10 has changed, and the users will no longer be able to use HomeGroup. Going forward, you will be able to set up file sharing using the built-in sharing features like Nearby Sharing, Share, OneDrive, and File & Printer Sharing. Keep reading the steps mentioned below to find out How to Share Files on Network Windows 10 without using HomeGroup.
Easy Guidelines For How to Setup Share Files on Network Windows 10
How Do I Share Files or Folders Using File Explorer
By following these steps, you can share a file with a person anywhere in the world or someone who is in another room.
- Open the File Explorer on your Windows computer. You can do this by clicking File Explorer on the taskbar or pressing Windows + E keys.
- Navigate to the folder where the file that needs to be shared is located. If the folder is the item that needs to be shared, navigate to the folder.
- In case you need to share a file, click the Share tab on the top of the screen.
- Click the ‘Share’ button on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Alternatively, right-click the file and select the Share button.
- The Share menu pops up on the screen.
- Choose the desired mode of sharing such as Email, Nearby Sharing, or Microsoft Store App.
- In case you want to share a folder, right-click on it → Give Access to → Specific People
- Choose the recipient of the folder -> press the Add button -> Choose permissions -> click Share.
- Follow the instructions that appear on the screen to finish the process.
How Do I Share a File Using OneDrive
File sharing using the OneDrive application is significantly different when compared to file sharing through File Explorer.
On your computer, open the File Explorer. You can do this operation by pressing Windows and E keys together or by clicking Windows Explorer. The Windows Explorer is located on the status bar in most computers.
Once you know which file has to be shared, navigate to the file’s location. Rename the file if you want to.
Move the mouse cursor over the file and right-click on it. From the pop-up menu, look for the Share a One Drive link. The program creates a link that can be shared. This link can be pasted by right-clicking in the appropriate field and then selecting Paste.
If the file needs to be shared with more than one person, right-click the file. The contextual menu pops up on the screen. Click the More OneDrive Sharing Options button.
At this stage, you can allow editing, set the expiration date, set the password, get a copy of the link, share the link in social media services, etc.
On the top of the pop-up screen, click the ‘Anyone with this link can share this item’ drop-down button to change the preferences.
You can click the Manage Permissions button to change the read, write, and execute features. By default, the boxes may or may not be checked. You can change them according to your preferences at this stage. For more guidelines on How to Share Files on Network Windows 10 system connect with our website.