- Share A Single PC In Windows 10
How To Share A Single PC In Windows 10
Multiple people can share a single PC on Windows 10. Each person can have their own applications, desktops, storage, and settings. The PC’s administrator can set up and manage all the accounts on Windows by performing the following steps.
- On your Windows 10 computer, click the Start icon followed by the Settings icon.
- Select the Accounts option.
- Click the Family & other users tab in the left panel and select the ‘Add someone else to this PC’ option in the main panel.
- Note: If you want to set up accounts for family members, navigate to the Your family section and select the ‘Add a family member’ option.
- Type the Microsoft email address of the person whom you need to create a user account in the User Name field.
- Enter the Microsoft account password in both the Enter password and Re-enter password fields.
- Click the OK button followed by the Finish button.
- Restart the Windows 10 computer.
- Now, you will see the two user accounts on the screen.
- You can select your user account and log in to it using the correct password.
- Note: All the local files and folders cannot be accessed by the other user even though they use the same PC.
- If the person whom you want to create a user account does not have a Microsoft account, carry out the steps provided below to set up a user account on Windows 10.
- Click the Accounts option on the Settings screen.
- Click Family & other users Add someone else to this PC I don’t have this person’s sign-in information Add a user without a Microsoft account.
- Add the other person’s user name and password correctly.