How to setup scan to computer on printer
To setup scan to computer on printer you have gather all the nrequiremnets. You have to install the printer driver on the computer. You can adapt certain methods like Webscan if you have not installed printer software. Read the document below and setup scan to computer on printers.
The quick steps to setup scan to computer on printer
- Read the user manual and check what are all components needed to setup.
- Proceed installing the recommended full-featured driver.
- Set up a network connection to your printer to support scanning via web.
- Feed the document to be scanned into the Scan path and check if scan light blinks.
- Navigate the system for installed printer software and double-click to launch the same.
- Follow the menu command Scan—>Scan a Document or Photo option.
- Choose scan type you prefer and then click Scan button again.
- Do a scan now.
The elaborate procedure to setup scan to computer on printer
- To scan with HP printer, you need to connect the printer with the computer. While you set up the printer for the first time make sure to install a full-featured printer driver software as it includes HP Scan application in it.
- If you really need, download scan software like HP Scan and Capture, HP Easy Scan, etc. The scan software is available in the respective app store.
- Once the software is ready, you can proceed with the procedure for scanning. Hold the original document and load it into the scan path. The document should be completely aligned to the right side of the scanner.
- As you feed the document, you can see the scanning light turning on indicating the ready state of the scanner.
- Once you set the document for scanning, navigate the file location of the computer in which you have installed the printer driver software. If you are using Windows 10, then follow the menu command Start —> All apps —> HP and then click on the icon with your printer name.
- Hp scan app allows you to modify the default scan settings, look for More option at the top right corner of the window. Review the settings and change them if you want. You can enable Show Viewer After Scan so that modifications on scanned images is possible via the preview screen.
- You can find an option called Scan on the window by clicking on you can prefer Scan a Document or Photo option. Click on the Scan button again after determining the type of scan. The scanned documents can be stored in two types. Click either on Save as PDF or Save as JPEG.
- If you using a Chromebook, follow the subsequent procedure to scan through it. Scanning on Chromebook can be done via Webscan feature. Using the web browser of your computer, you can scan photos and documents and this is called Webscan which is the feature of the embedded web server.
- Webscan does not require a printer driver to be installed. You have to turn on the EWS feature to do so, press the wireless button and information button together. This prints network configuration page for you. Quickly skim the printout and identify the IP address and hostname of the printer.
- Start a browser the computer and enter the IP address in the URL box. Look for the Settings tab on the EWS page.
- Go to Security —-> Administrator Settings. Select Webscan from EWS option and click Apply. To do a Webscan, feed the original document into the printer and click Scan tab. Navigate the left pane of the window, click Webscan. Make changes to the default settings and then click Start Scan.